PDA

View Full Version : First build and love it

gazzman
02-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Hi forumites half way through first build of TL A 1. I up graded the p/ups to tone riders. This caused a minor hassle as the recess for the bridge p/up didn't quite fit. Got on to Adam for clues he then linked in DB. Careful use of a chisel and wood file has it fitting snug as. It should also make fitting the bridge easier due to the close fit. These guys are fab they got back to me straight away. Good work guys, will post photo of the finished axe
Cheers Gazzman

gavinturner
02-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Welcome Gazz,

Great to hear about your positive experience with Pitbull - we've all had them. A great bunch of guys to deal with. Also good to hear that you are loving your build. Would be great if you could start a build diary and share the experience with us. We love to read about builds as they progress. If not, no sweat. Will be great to see the finished product. Enjoy!

cheers,
Gav.

lawry
02-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Yeah, welcome Gazz. Glad you're hooked. You really didn't have an option. As Gav says, start a build diary cos we love watching these things materialise.
Cheers,
Lawry

Gavin1393
02-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Start a build diary or join the bad boys in the naughty corner.....choice is yours! ;)

wokkaboy
03-04-2014, 12:59 AM
welcome to the forum Gazzman and sounds like you have a great build underway, as others have said we all love seeing other builds eventuate. You can tell us more about what stains and other mods you have done on the build diary.
Best of luck !

Fretworn
03-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Welcome Gazz!

stan
03-04-2014, 02:59 AM
Hi Gazz, welcome

robin
03-04-2014, 03:32 AM
Welcome aboard Gazz.

Two things I should point out to you as you are now halfway into your build:

1. This is only your FIRST build. There will be more, there is no stopping now.

2. If you think that building it is fun, wait till you get the feeling of playing a guitar that you built yourself.

cheers
rob

adam
03-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Hey Gazz, welcome, I think we've already communicated by email. Let me know if you need any help posting photos, but if you hit "Reply" (instead of Submit Quick Reply), you'll see 3 image "Browse" buttons, where you can select images from your drive. Look forward to seeing your build..

Brendan
03-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Gazz - welcome along. Tele's are a great start. Hope it goes well!