PDA

View Full Version : Eastwood airline 59

johnandles
02-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Thought about building .
The neck with pearl could be hard to find as a neck blank.
The rest wouldn't be too hard.
We will see?
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/e38r6-eastwood-airline-59-custom-3p-dlx-electric-guitar-seafoam-green.jpg

stan
02-04-2014, 08:14 AM
do it! awesome, wiring looks tricky...
I'm sure DB would build you a neck

DanMade
02-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Very cool guitars. The body is actually made from fibreglass. But a wood body would be just as cool.

If I'm right, all those knobs are a volume and tone for each pickup.

lawry
02-04-2014, 09:19 AM
:? Never seen one of these before. Looks like a challenge worthy of endeavor. Especially if it's not me.
I'd love to see this come to life.

johnandles
03-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback....If I could only find a cheap bigsby style trem..o.l.o

Fretworn
03-04-2014, 01:11 AM
http://www.guitarkitsusa.com/

If you want to do the authentic fibreglass body.

Personally, I hate all those knobs above the strings. Bothe my fingers and those knobs wouldn't last too long with my playing style.

Brendan
03-04-2014, 10:40 AM
John - replacing the inlay isn't impossible - those sorts of fretmarkers are available online - try mopsupplies.com.au - they've got a good range and aren't ridiculously expensive. Then a little bit of careful work with a Dremel or like and you should be right.

quiet1_au
04-04-2014, 08:06 AM
I like unusual brands/models like these. My current interest in in (once) cheap Danelectro, Silvertone and related brands, including Airline (my avatar had one in Secondlife - a red 3PU just like the one pictured - but that's another story...) - instruments that are expensive vintage and not cheap in reissue form (if they exist at all). I know they're popular and therefore can be made cheaply but F/G models are a little on the plain side - and the margin between DIY and just buying a clone off the shelf is marginal (ignoring the satisfaction/customisation factor, naturally!)...