PDA

View Full Version : looking for maple vaneer

jarrod
01-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Hey guy's I'm looking to put a flame or curley maple vaneer on to a guitar face. That was until I could not find anyone who sells it. Does anyone know? Perth area preferred.

dingobass
01-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Mate, I have yet to find a usable veneer locally.. your best bet would be one of the Luthier supply companies of which there are too many to name here... google time! :)

DanMade
01-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I've purchased veneers from Sharp plywood in the past. Usually comes in lengths around 3000mm x 350mm. Depending on the species, it's around $40-$60 a sheet.

While it's usually not AAA grade, it's still an affordable bulk option. And there is a decent selection of veneers. Though I'm not sure they carry a flamed maple. They do have Birdseye maple.
I go to the factory and hand select what I want so I can make sure what I get will be usable. I don't know if they have a plant in W.A though.

Try some of the board manufactures near you, the might not advertise that they sell raw veneer sheets so it's best to ring and ask.

jarrod
02-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Thanks guys

lawry
02-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Hi Jarrod,
I bought some veneer from here if it helps. Not really sure of exactly what you want, but, who knows? They're in Townsville.

http://www.topveneer.com.au/