PDA

View Full Version : New Pit Bull Guitars "Specs" Project

adam
18-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Folks, I was hoping you could all help us out with a bit of "crowd sourcing" to complete this project.

We're compiling a database of all the specs on every one of the kits we offer. I don't know all the specs and it would be quite challenging getting them from China.

So, I thought I would ask you good people.

At the link you will find a Google Drive spreadsheet with all our kits listed. I've started listing a few of the specs that I get asked for (radius, nut width, etc). Feel free to add any specs that you feel should be included (Ohmage of pots/caps?)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsdlmPDI9OWsdERUMjk3N1NDSkVac2Y1U09aR3VWZ VE&usp=sharing

If you've just made a kit, then please feel free to update your kit on the spreadsheet.

Any ideas, feel free to email me.

Thanks for your help.

Brendan
18-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Ads,
Looks like you need to authorise specific email addresses to modify the spreadsheet - comes up for me as View Only.

Brendan
18-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Sorry - scratch that - you may need to set the "Anyone with the link" to "Can edit" in the Sharing Settings if you want everyone to post their updates.

Brendan
19-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Have made some updates - from memory, all the fretboards apart from the IB-6S are 12". The IB-6S is a compound radius from memory (@Lawry / DB???).

wokkaboy
20-03-2014, 06:35 AM
yes the IB-6S was a compound radius neck, can't remember what they were, I don't have the radius gauges, DB may remember, think best leave it as compound.
I'm blown away how many Pit Bull models are available when they are all listed, when I started building them there was 7 guitar kits available.
Presume the scale length would be calculated as double the distance from nut to centre of 12th fret, if Gav/DB can confirm I can enter some into the spreadsheet. Measuring nut to bridge distance may be out and most 'G' type guitars have an angled bridge.

quiet1_au
25-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I entered the specs of my JBA-4 as best I could - I wasn't quite sure about the neck profile in particular so feel free to correct it.

jarrod
04-04-2014, 08:50 AM
STA and TLA and SV Nut sizes are on

adam
04-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks everyone, I might DB to have a look too.

ihasmario
05-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Are you interested in any electrical/technical sound information? I don't shop around for electric guitars but I GAS with the best of them, so a lot of these stats determine which things I buy over something else. I could definitely see it a cool thing reporting the SNR of the circuit (sans pickup, unless I can figure out how I'd go about measuring that) for the purists out there.

If you are I can fill it in when I get to that stage of my kit. Could also be a nice marketing angle for certain upgrades...