PDA

View Full Version : LP-SAURUS let the journey begun - my first build

sulistbu
13-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Finally got my LP1 package - will check, do a mock up and will post some pics later.
So Excited......!

Budi

gavinturner
13-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Nice one Budi. Nothing like the feeling of seeing a new Pitbull Guitars box on the doorstep. Enjoy your build and keep us all up to date step by step! Have fun.

cheers,
Gav.

sulistbu
13-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Opened the box last night, Oh la la, how exciting
Checked and ticked all of stuff ordered are received.
Did a mock up build and making sure all the hardware are there. It looks stunning as well as scary of what lay ahead at the same time.

Did take a couple of pics and liked to post some but not quite sure how to upload it. If anyone can shed a light that would be appreciated.

Regards,
Budi

keloooe
13-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Budi, click the Reply button (bottom right) and use that, but make sure your images are around 1000 pixels on the longest side (1000 x 750 works well) so dont just post the images from your phone.

Or just use imgur.com

sulistbu
13-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Thank you very much Keloooe,

Here it is my first pic :D
Has anyone got any idea how to get rid glue spot on the main body?
I've read somewhere in the forum here they use a "wirebrush?"
Any hint would be appreciated.

Budi
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/0fv8u-IMG_1607.jpg

sulistbu
13-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Oh BTW next to the kit is my goal, but P90s PUPs will be my next project

Budi

WeirdBits
14-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Try carefully sanding the glue spot first, just watch the binding. If that doesn't remove it then wirebrushing can help to allow the finish to penetrate the area (Gav's explanation (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=210#postid-2307) of the wirebrush method). A little kit like this, particularly the brass brush, is what you're after (available from lots of large hardware retailers that DB prefers us not to name).
http://www.supercheaphardware.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/2632466f16d57c9129820e500b2d9c34/d/s/dsc_9701.jpg

sulistbu
14-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Thx Scott off we go to hardware store

Budi

keloooe
14-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Yeah Budi, I had glue on my LP kit and those brushes are the best!
Be very careful not to sand through the thin maple cap!

stevierayvannabe
19-03-2014, 11:57 PM
The wire brush worked well for me. Just take your time with it and enjoy the process, makes sanding and brushing easier.

Cheers,
Brian

sulistbu
21-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Ahh.. got most of the glue off thank you all for the advice. Back on the project again now and ready for the next step.
A quick tale, encountered my first big hurdle, it was on Saturday last week and we were preparing our son 7th b-day party. I was up stair and left the kit on my work bench. My other half ask if I could helped her opened a spray can. I told her there is a screw driver on the bench next to the guitar kit that she can use to pry open the can. Suddenly I heard she yelled for help, I thought she hurt herself, but it was worse than that. She managed to open the lid but at the same time pressing the can with the nozzle directly on my new guitar near the bridge area. Man I was so horrified and not quite sure what to do. I just sanded the area as quick as I possibly can before it got too deep into the cap. I was going to take a couple of pics of the "accidental stain" but thought better of cleaning up the mess before it got worse.I don't want gold colour! Moral of the story is don't lend any tool to your other half (mistress yes but far away from your work bench).
Anyway quick question can you use Wudtone Saffron finish kit on the neck or do I have to get special finish kit for the neck? Thank you all for your help.

Budi

BTW the party was a hit

Brendan
21-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Budi - colour of the saffron will be fine (see http://www.pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=307). In terms of the top coat - I remember somewhere DB hinting at the top coats for the body and neck are different - I think the neck top coat is a little harder as it gets more of a beating.

sulistbu
21-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks Brendan, yeah I saw that too a moment ago. Some thread how to do neck with clear coat. OK have to order kit for the neck finish.

Budi

sulistbu
26-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Quick update folks on my build progress.
Sanded down body and neck to grid 400, stained both bdy and neck(first coat), but I noticed some area absorbing more than the other (switch area). Before proceeding to do more harm any idea how to lighten it? Also some of that blasted glue spots I thought I got rid off.
Anyway here are a couple pics and if all the gurus can shed a little bit of advice that would be appreciated.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/5974s-IMG_1670.jpg
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/z99h1-IMG_1668.jpg

DanMade
26-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Lucky you got away with the accidental spray job, can't see any trace of it in the pics. Nice save.

With the Wudtone, it's quite normal for it to absorb more in some spots than others. It should even out more with the following coats. Some of the darker colours can look a real mess after the first coat. But will even out nicely.

As for the glue spots, they won't blend in and will still be noticeable. I had the same thing with my first use of Wudtone. Thought I had done a top Job of sanding, only to see a few glue spots and sanding marks that became highlighted once the first coat was applied. Most of my trouble spots were on the sides of the guitar. I decided to sand back and start again. I'm glad I did, and it didn't take much effort in the scheme of things. And it's all part of learning.

I certainly took DB's mantra of "Sand, sand, sand and when you think your done, sand some more." To heart.

The maple caps on those kits can sometimes be on the thin side, so take that into consideration if you decide to attack the glue spots. The last thing you want to do is sand through the cap.

wokkaboy
26-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Hi Budi,
yes nice save on the accidental spray can. Do you mean you want to lighten the overall colour or even out the colour ? As Dan said next few coats will even out the colour of the cap, but I'd recommend sanding back any glue spots on the side and re-staining
Looks good, I love this colour on a LP, best of luck and let is

sulistbu
26-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks Dan and Wokka for the advice, yeah I should be a little more concise, how to even out the stain. The photo is a bit misleading but you may be able to see near the neck is slightly darker than the rest of the body.

I have yet to stain the side and back. Its gonna be Hot Auburn and currently its on its way. But I am taking your advice and sanding back glue spots Nth/Wst to Nth/Est of the PUP switch. I am still a bit reluctant though of how much I will sand, but let see any way.

Another question with ref of pic below whats that black thingy bobby? are they glue spots?
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/527ej-IMG_1673.JPG
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/d1a8h-IMG_1672.JPG

sulistbu
29-03-2014, 01:16 AM
G'day all,

Just a quick update on my build, I've applied last coat of Wudtone Saffron on cap and neck.
I am not too happy with the outcome around the neck area. I've re-sanded the area after the first coat, but too afraid to go on cos I got a feeling that the cap is not going hold much deeper.
Other option that I have in mind is to apply another stain (Hot Auburn) and do a light burst effect.
Don't know if that's possible but since I've ordered Auburn and currently in transit for the back part of the body, I'll keep my option open. Overall though I am happy with the result and the neck felt brilliant similar feel to my Tele.

I am going to leave the headstock as it is at the moment, as I have limited amount of tools and time, as well as I haven't got a catchy design.

That's it folks a couple pics bellow for you all and please drop an advice or two if you notice any strange spots. Your advice is much appreciated :D

BTW for the first time builder, I've found its better to work when you have natural light (ie during the day)for sanding and coating. I know its its impossible for most of us but I've found its much easier to notice if you missed spots.

Happy Building.
Budi
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/79qcv-Final-Coat-01.JPG
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/cl94n-Final-Coat-04.JPG

wokkaboy
29-03-2014, 02:41 AM
looking good Budi,
yes you can notice the top part of the body near the neck pocket being a bit darker, different parts of the cap take more wudtone than other parts. If you have any saffron left I'd put a coat on the lighter areas and try and darken them up. Also you could get some super fine steel wool 0000 grade
http://www.sifa.com.au/products_hardware.html
You can lightly rub the steel wool on the darker patches should remove a bit of colour without sanding the cap surface much. Do this before you start clear coats but I'd probably wait till the hot auburn arrives and do the sides/back and then clear the whole body after all the colour coats are done.
As for your previous question the black marks on the side, looks like the factory has tried to glue a crack or a join, does the crack look like its opened up ?

sulistbu
29-03-2014, 03:56 AM
Thanks for the advice Wokka,
I've rubbed the cap with steel wool prior each coat, but I might do both of your suggestion, apply another coat on the lighter and a little bit steel wool treatment on the darker side.

The crack looked very sealed, I might leave it just to give it a little character.
BTW do you how long a parcel would take from Perth to Brisbane?

Budi

wokkaboy
29-03-2014, 07:05 AM
cool ok Budi, you are on the program with the steel wool. If you rub it a bit harder on the darker parts you should be able to remove a bit of colour without sanding much of the cap down.
That black mark should look fine with hot auburn over it.
I'd estimate about 3-4 working days Perth to Brisbane post time, DB probably has more of an accurate post time. When did you order it ? normally DB gets the order in the post within 1 or 2 working days

sulistbu
29-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi Wokka,

The order was completed on 21st, mind you our local PO is a bit hit and miss. Last time when I picked the guitar kit, the staff said that he saw other parcel with my name on it that sitting there for the last two weeks waiting to be collected. I told him that I have not any notice to pick it up.
Anyway I might wander over and ask if he has some parcel for me.
Also its been raining cats and dogs here in SE Qld, could be the cause of the delay. Never mind I've got plenty of time.
Again thanks for your help, very much appreciated

Budi

sulistbu
25-04-2014, 02:08 AM
Hi All,

A quick update on my build after being stalled and stuck in prolonged doldrum. Still doing base coating on the body and neck (4th coat hopefully the last). After few considerations though, decided to re-do the neck to match the back. Few niggling issues nothing serious. But I wish I was a rich man instead of good looking :P so I can buy another kit (PRS would be nice thank you) so that I can work alternately between kits.

But such is life. Anyway here a couple pics and now I am going to watch Game of Throne. See you all later and have a good weekend.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/he3o9-IMG_1751-2nd-BC2.jpg
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/430b8-IMG_1752-2nd-BC1.jpg

gavinturner
25-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Looking good! Like the matching colours. I'm a big one for colouring LP (etc) necks the same as the back of the guitar. Good choice!

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
25-04-2014, 07:54 AM
yes looking great Budi, keep up the good work. Got to love your foam rests for the body/neck !

stan
25-04-2014, 09:23 AM
nice finish so far, looking good

sulistbu
25-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks all for the nice comments.
To Wokka just to pick up a bit of your grey matter, I've noted on your current build the PRS is on the 9th clear coat, any reasons for having that many layers/coats? When do you think is enough coat. Man admire your patience.

Budi

sulistbu
30-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Another update folks,

Currently the kit is on its 2nd coat of extra gloss with ageing tint, so far so good and quite happy with result. Here are a couple of pics
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/f7f84-2nd-topcoat3.jpg
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/y8537-2nd-topcoat1.jpg

Dengreg
30-04-2014, 09:36 PM
That looks sensational. The grain is looking real good.

Fretworn
01-05-2014, 02:07 AM
That top has come up very well.

wokkaboy
01-05-2014, 02:15 AM
looking awesome Budi, starting to get a shine after 2 coats.
Sorry I missed your question from April 25, just saw it.
Generally about 5 or 6 coats of extra gloss wudtone is enough.
Most of my projects I'm using Tru Oil clear coats and I tend to thin them down as its not self leveling to minimise the steaks. Some of the forum guys like Robin and Gav Turner are putting on 15-20 coats of TO to get a really glassy look.
You will know when there's enough top gloss coats, post some pics after the 4th or 5th coat ! Remember try and wait 48 hours between coats !

gavinturner
01-05-2014, 06:00 AM
Wow Budi - that Saffron top looks really fantastic! Matches perfectly with the back and neck colour too. Awesome job!

cheers,
Gav.

sulistbu
01-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Thanks all for the kind comments

@Wokka thanks for the advice, definitely will post more pics as I progress.

@Gavin thanks for your kind comment, but I don't think I'll try to match your 15 to 20 coats of your builds.
BTW I've checked out your website, boy hats off to you. Excellent website, I noticed some of your guitars hung on the wall on the sound demo videos. Impressive

Regards
Budi

wokkaboy
02-05-2014, 05:14 AM
good stuff Budi, 4 or 5 top coats should be enough as outlined by Dingobass yesterday, his method is start off with thin coats and slowly make each coat after thicker. Don't forget to steel wool between coats and wait at least 48 hours between coats. Look forward to pics soon !

gavinturner
02-05-2014, 06:04 AM
Thanks Budi. Ive only completed 6 kits so far though - still a complete noob!!

cheers,
Gav.

stan
02-05-2014, 08:53 AM
this is coming along very nicely, nice work

lawry
02-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Yeah. That looks brilliant. Gotta be happy with how it's going.

sulistbu
03-05-2014, 07:00 AM
To all thank you again for the kind comment.

To Stan I see on your note bellow you're modding your Squire, can I ask what kind of mod you're doing to it?
The reason I ask is that I also have a Korean Fender Squire for along long time now ( I got them from my high school teacher when I was in school band). And I am getting really fond as it aged, but the trem block shows a crack and I am having a thought of modding it. Not only the block but PUPs upgrade as well.
Anyway thanks for your kind comment. And I will post more pics of my builds as it progress.

You all be good and have a cracking weekend

Budi

Brendan
03-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Budi - check out the Tonerider Pickups from the PBG guys - have seen them being used and those that have used them love them...

stan
03-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Hey Budi, the Squier is getting a Fender Stratocaster headstock decal, and a pickup upgrade:
A Gilmour black strat mod of Fender custom shop fat 50's (neck pickup), Fender custom shop 69 (middle pickup), and a Seymour Duncan SSL5 (bridge pickup).

The build quality of the guitar is as good as a proper Fender Tele I have, so I have no shame in the logo upgrade with the pickups - a sunburst tribute version of the Gilmour Black Strat if you will...

stan
03-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Hey Budi, the Squier is getting a Fender Stratocaster headstock decal, and a pickup upgrade:
A Gilmour black strat mod of Fender custom shop fat 50's (neck pickup), Fender custom shop 69 (middle pickup), and a Seymour Duncan SSL5 (bridge pickup).

The build quality of the guitar is as good as a proper Fender Tele I have, so I have no shame in the logo upgrade with the pickups - a sunburst tribute version of the Gilmour Black Strat if you will...

sulistbu
03-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Hi Stan lucky you, my squier is not that flash. Electronics needs replacing, hardware getting really shabby. Mind you this guitar had been exposed to Darwin weather for 5 yrs. Also I remember reading an artikel About Squier MIKorea this vintage they were build on the cheap. But the action and intonation is spot on. Anyway when I have enough fund I think this will be my next project.

Hi Brendan, yes I have seen a lot of good reviews on tonerider pups, again once my piggy bank is full I'll get myself tonerider pure vintage.
Thanks for the info

Budi

stan
03-05-2014, 09:24 PM
mine is Korean as well.
Bought it on ebay for a bargain $90, and it was hardly played.
If all it needs is an upgrade (electronic were a big let down on these) - treat it like a kit: strip it all down, refinish it, replace the junk electronics (Pitbull has some great stuff to choose from now) and you will have a guitar every bit as good.

sulistbu
22-05-2014, 01:37 AM
G'day Again All

After 7th coat back, front and neck, these pics were taken probably about 2-3 wks ago. Since then I have put another 4 or five coats, but achieved a little in term of glossiness or feel. Anyways happy with the result but not over the moon.

To Stan >> I was thinking getting Tonerider PUPs from PBG for my squier but ended up getting LP Junior DC kit instead :? for my next project. Just in case federal budget got in and kit price increase :)

Cherio
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/8fph4-IMG_1841-7th-coat-1.JPG
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/yg64o-IMG_1842-7th-coat-2.JPG

bargeloobs
22-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Man I'd be pretty happy with that colour back/side/neck, it looks a million bucks and a wicked contrast to the saffron top.
What's your plans for the top re finish?

sulistbu
22-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Cheers Barge,

I am trying to achieve like my other guitar (bought one see pic bellow) but not able to get there.
The plan now is to assmble the rest with stock supplied in the kit. I have black PUPs mounts/scratch plate etc, but I thinks that will be too much contrast. Anyway I'll see it tonite.

Budi
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/7yd16-IMG_1832_Ultra-and-Kit.JPG

wokkaboy
22-05-2014, 03:17 AM
wow looking great Budi, you using wudtone extra gloss clear ? I found it doesn't get superglossy unless you use the DB method, leave it to cure for a week or 2, apply one or 2 really thin coats, then use A4 photocopy paper to buff it. Then a good cut and polish it should come up pretty glossy after about 7-8 coats you applied ?
Love the strat in the pic, is that really a squier ?

sulistbu
22-05-2014, 03:46 AM
Hi Wokka,

Ohh I see, I don't used that method at all, I did what the video instruction on how build page. Where each coat was rested at 48 hrs interval not 1 - 2 wks :( But its OK I am content, will keep that tip for my next project.

And no its not Squire but its big cousin Fender Ultra. ;)

Budi

wokkaboy
22-05-2014, 04:23 AM
no worries Budi, still once you have finished your last top coat give it a good rub with photocopy paper, its slight abrasiveness does smooth out the top coat a little.
wow a Fender ultra, bet thats a beast to play !

sulistbu
22-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Thanks Wokka,

I'll give it a good rub tonight, and see how it goes.
BTW would you be able to advice if this measurement is correct and before I go to far.
I did a mock up build, clamp the neck to the body, measured the distance between the nut and 12th fret (314mm), but the distance between 12th to bridge is between 319 - 324mm. Is this right? My understanding is that latter should be 314mm +/- saddle travel? Thanks in advance for your help.

Oh Yeah the beast really came out when I cranked my Marshall up and did a cover of Pumpkin's Cherub Rock ;)so many many moon ago.

Regards Budi
Budi

wokkaboy
22-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Hey Budi,
make sure the neck pocket is free of any dirt or steel wool shavings to ensure the neck is seated flush with the body - ie closest to the bridge. I'd put the neck pup in when you do this to make sure it fits ok.
Usually the bass (wound) strings need a small compensation for the width of the string so generally the 12th fret to saddle distance should be about 3-4mm further on the wound E string. As the bridge is fixed with the posts drilled I'd glue your neck in (once you have tested the neck pup fits). Make sure you get the neck alignment correct while gluing, have both E strings on to get the offset of string/fingerboard edge fairly even.
I think you should be able to get the intonation fairly correct, all LP builds I've done and most I've seen work out fine.
Check the distance 12th fret to treble E string saddle and it should be less than 319 - 324mm as the bridge should be slightly angled to compensate

gavinturner
22-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Hi Budi,
if you are at all worried about the scale length, use the Stewmac Fret Position Calculator http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/Fretting/i-fretcalc.html to check the distance from the inside of the nut to the centre of each bridge post. I've always checked using this and it has always worked out perfectly for all kits with a tune-o-matic bridge. As Wokka said, just make sure your neck pickup is in place when you do the measuring, and get the two E-strings on and aligned during gluing.

cheers,
Gav.

sulistbu
22-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Hi Wokka and Gav, thank you

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I'll post a couple pics later just too confirmed what I am doing is OK.

Regards
Budi

sulistbu
23-05-2014, 02:28 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from gavinturner on May 21, 2014, 16:31
As Wokka said, just make sure your neck pickup is in place when you do the measuring, and get the two E-strings on and aligned during gluing.

cheers,
Gav.

Thanks Gav and Wokka

The neck cavity is nice and clean, I measured the high E distance between the nut and saddle at centre its 310mm. I've checked the Frets distance using Stew Mac formula - they're all in specs. However with two E's strings attached I found that the neck position is slightly "uncentred" (see pic 1).
The neck is so snuggly that I have not any room to move the neck up a hair.

But then again I've never attempted to bend the low E up, if anyone can suggest how to centre the neck that would be appreciated.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/96c5b-IMG_1858_Strings-alligment.JPG
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/r98b9-IMG_1855_11th-coat-final.JPG

sulistbu
23-05-2014, 02:31 AM
PS
The neck PUP could do an adjustment. That's what happened when you're working after midnight :9

Budi

gavinturner
23-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Hey Budi,

if you are worried about the big E string, (it looks pretty good to me, but then again I'm no virtuoso player) there are 2 fixes that I can think of. One is to angle the neck slightly to the right. Wont need to move much at all, a slight movement at the heel will move the nut quite a ways and drag the string with it. Of course any movement in the big-E will cause an equal but opposite movement in the little-E.

The second possibility is to make your own nut with the E strings positioned eaxctly as you would like them in terms of distance from the edge of the neck. The other strings can then be positioned relative to those using (for example) a Stewmac string spacing rule.

I'm no seasoned luthier so maybe there is another solution that I'm not aware of..

cheers,
Gav.

sulistbu
24-05-2014, 12:42 AM
Gav thanks heap,

I have angled the neck as you suggested and it made a very little improvement in term of string position.
But I've ran dummy intonation checks on both E's (with neck clamped) and they're pretty good.
After so many checks and nervous moment I've bit the bullet and glued the neck

Anyway will let you all know in 48 hrs, how it'll turn out.

Peace

Brendan
24-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Always a challenging feeling - is it right? Have I done it enough? Know the feeling - feeling for you right now - that said - you've done it all right to now so should be a cracker!

kells80aus
25-05-2014, 05:03 AM
Budi, that is a damn nice looking Guitar. :)

PK

stan
25-05-2014, 08:29 AM
you will do fine Budi, nice work

sulistbu
27-05-2014, 07:48 AM
YAY .......... IT WORKS

And it spoke to me, no hums or buzz and just nice tone both clean and dirty (well I've never own a humbucker guitar before! so I don't have anything to compare it with).

Anyway thank you all for all the helps, will tidy up a bit and posts some pics later. In the mean time I need to grind the axe and make a little bit of noise while I have the house by myself.

See you all in a bit

kells80aus
27-05-2014, 08:18 AM
I Love the Safron affect on the body. it looks like 'Sweet Velvet' there you go there's it's name. :D

Cheers PK

sulistbu
27-05-2014, 11:59 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from kells80aus on May 26, 2014, 17:18
I Love the Safron affect on the body. it looks like 'Sweet Velvet' there you go there's it's name. :D

Cheers PK

Thanks Paul,

Yeah I should have called it something and "Sweet Velvet" got a nice ring to it. But I was too hasty and didn't occurred to me to place a label/decal on it. I thought I lost the PBG decal and only to find it yesterday after cleaning up my bench :x . Anyway I can always added it on later.

As promised here is my first completed build pics.
1st pix - Unstrung
2nd pix - Frontal Strung (stock strings not D'Addario PBG standards)
3rd pix - Back

With my build I think I could dress the frets a bit for faster/smoother action but then again it could be the strings that I used. Tuners are OK, but I will replace them with better quality (ie GOTOH brand perhaps) when I have enough fund. Pots supplied with comes only with one nut each (should have come with 2 for each pot). PUPs I reckoned is very good, I can't remember the output but the one with red wire (bridge) measured at 10.2 kOhms and the yellow around 8 kOhms mark. I can't describe the sounds but they have the "oomphs" when overdriven. Its also nice Clarity when played Clean.

Anyway folks when I get around to it I'll try to upload the Vid or audio file of my build.

Cherio
Budi

Cheers
Budi

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/l78k0-IMG_1865_Glued-no-Strings.jpg
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/c1j89-IMG_1874_Strung.jpg
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/c6lv4-IMG_1874_Strung_back.jpg

bargeloobs
27-05-2014, 12:11 PM
I love how the saffron is in perfect harmony with the top, the grain and the colour work so well. The back in stark contrast looks outstanding in luscious red with a great sheen that blankets the whole build.
Get this entered in guitar of the month immediately!

stan
28-05-2014, 01:41 AM
great result Budi, it looks very slick

sulistbu
28-05-2014, 03:04 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on May 26, 2014, 21:11

Thanks BL much appreciated, but I've seen the entrants for June GOTM, Man I don't think mine is up to it. Especially your Black Top and how you work it short and sharp tune, thats a killer licks.

Regards
Budi

sulistbu
28-05-2014, 03:06 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from stan on May 27, 2014, 10:41
great result Budi, it looks very slick

Thank you Stan, appreciate yoyr comment.

Regards

bargeloobs
28-05-2014, 03:24 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from sulistbu on May 27, 2014, 12:04

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on May 26, 2014, 21:11

Thanks BL much appreciated, but I've seen the entrants for June GOTM, Man I don't think mine is up to it. Especially your Black Top and how you work it short and sharp tune, thats a killer licks.

Regards
Budi

You're too kind, honestly man any one of those axes could win it (yours included), I'd get in there if I were you!

gavinturner
28-05-2014, 05:11 AM
Wow Budi - looks really slick man! love the saffron on the flame maple and the contrast with the neck and back is really cool. You really should get your entry into GOTM.

cheers,
Gav.

Brendan
28-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Happy days when it first sings! Well done Budi.

sulistbu
29-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks Brendan and Gav,

I think I will enter June GOTM and see how it goes, nothing to loose ha ;)

Again thank you all for the assistance and encouragement.

Regards
Budi

stan
29-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Do it Budi, a worthy contender

Dengreg
29-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Certainly worthy of entry in GOTM. Thinking of doing something similar over the next couple of months.

keloooe
30-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Hey Budi, awesome work there! Definitely enter it in GOTM!

wokkaboy
30-05-2014, 02:37 AM
Budi get some nice photos and submit them to GOTM, its a worthy contender !

sulistbu
30-05-2014, 03:55 AM
@Wokka, @Keloooe, @Dengreng, @Stan,

Thank you all for the encouragement, now I may have to beg/borrow/ hopefully don't have to steal a decent camera. ;)

Regards
Budi