PDA

View Full Version : Noodles, From Adelaide

Noodles
12-03-2014, 03:16 AM
Hi,
I'm from Gawler really, found pitbull guitars on facebook recently and have been marvelling in some of the awesome creations I have seen so far. I'm hoping to buy my first kit soon and start building my own. My son (14) is interested in learning Bass and he is dead keen to have a stab at making his own instrument too. Wouldn't mind connecting with any others in the area who make their own instruments or are going to have a go so maybe we can bounce off each other a bit. I do have some reasonable woodworking and fabrication skills. Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Keep up the awesome and inspirational work everyone. :D

Chris

gavinturner
12-03-2014, 04:28 AM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the PBG community! You and your son will love building your first kit and then the numerous others that will inevitably follow. Here you will find a wonderfully supportive bunch of like minded enthusiasts who have the answer to any and every question you may have. Start a build diary and keep us all posted on your progress!

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
12-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum and you won't be disappointed with the kits and the fun and satisfaction you get out of building a kit.
There are plenty of good bass kits to build. Lots of help on this forum so start a build diary and ask lots of questions.
Best of luck, I had a look on a map where Gawler is, looks like a nice area in one of the best wine regions in Australia !

lawry
12-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the site. I reckon building a guitar with your son is a brilliant idea. Especially a bass! There's heaps of support here that's offered freely and with true interest in your build.
And don't worry about Wokka not knowing where Gawler is, he's a sandgroper ;-)
Cheers

Brendan
12-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Chris - heaps of options here for bass - the HB's have a slightly shorter scale length - 30" rather than 34" of the others - depending on his build. Bass Guy has recently completed the Gollum bass for his son who'd be around that age...