PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

Buddy-scott13
06-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I'm Scott, I'm 18 from Brisbane Australia. Well what can i say completely new to DIY Guitars and Guitars all together have always loved Music and always wanted to play guitar, just never really got the chance! But I look forward to my first guitar build and learning how to build and play guitar.

Cheers,
Scott :D

Bass Guy
06-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Hi Scott, welcome aboard.

Look forward to seeing your projects come to life, and if you have any questions- no matter how stupid you think they are- the people here come here to help.

PBG has a great community spirit and you will learn so much perusing the fora, so don't hesitate to pitch in with questions and wisdom!

Cheers,

Eliot "Bass Guy" McCann

pablopepper
06-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi Scott. Like BG said, there's heap of info contained within these pages, so read up. Knowledge is power. :)

lawry
06-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Hi Scott.
Yep, I'm with Eliot and Pablo. Welcome. I hadn't made a guitar until the middle of last year and now I'm on my third. It's damn addictive, so be warned. I hope you have lots of fun and end up with a great axe. Pics and posts is what we live for here. Go for it.
Cheers,
Lawry

stan
06-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the addiction!

Brendan
06-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Welcome along Scott - what are the plans for the first guitar? If you're new to this whole schtick, I'd look Tele / Strat / Jazz Bass / P Bass - all 4 are pretty straightforward and give a great sound.

Buddy-scott13
06-03-2014, 11:09 AM
My first project I am Doing a LP-1M, Something challenging, But with some Help of Friends I think its going to come together nicely!! :)

DanMade
06-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Great kit to start with, take your time and think about it and it shan't be too challenging.

Another Brissy boy. We really should get a meet and greet happening.

Fretworn
07-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Welcome aboard!

wokkaboy
08-03-2014, 05:35 AM
welcome Scott, the BrisVegas count has gone up 2 this week, good to see a group of builders increasing.
LP-1M is a great kit Scott and if you don't rush it sure you can produce a fantastic guitar.
Start a build diary, ask lots of questions and enjoy the ride !

kells80aus
08-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi Scott, welcome. Good that you are getting into kit building. Guitar building is something I wanted to do when I was about your age. I half built one guitar, and it has taken me a lifetime to get back to it. It is a complex and rewarding process to get involved with. In the last two years I've built three scratch guitars and am half way through a few kits. It's a facinating hobby that will take you through a miriad of different processes to get to the same result. An instrument thet you can play, and can call your own..

Cheers PK
Not that PK. :D