PDA

View Full Version : 1000th post

Brendan
23-02-2014, 02:29 AM
I thought that I'd use my 1000th post as a general thanks to all who have made PBG what it is. Through the ideas and drive of these people, many people globally have been introduced to the joy of putting something meaningful together with their own hands and then hearing it not only talk, but sing!

So - special thanks goes to the guys whose faces adorn the PBG Christmas Card!:
Adam - for having the foresight to bring these people together and forming this fantastic, global community. Adam you've built something great and have already driven change in the DIY Guitar community not only in Australia, but internationally;
DB - your skills are such that when a DB built body hits the forum, everyone favourites the build. I know that when people see responses to their questions, they're content, but when that's from you or Gav, they sit up and listen. Your participation in this venture has helped to give it real credibility and heart;
Gav - for taking a not so young, but fledgeling guitar builder (not nearly good enough to imagine calling myself a luthier) and opening your shop to help me out. Your advice and support have always been timely and appreciated. While I know that 6 string accoustics are close to your heart, I know that there's a time that I'll pop in and see a big, fat bodied accoustic bass in some amazing wood;
Bones - almost the faceless man of PBG, but one without whom it would all come apart. Bones is the guy that makes sure that everyone gets their nice (not so) little presents in the mail. I can't remember anyone being dissapointed in the service and times for delivery of their new toys.

In terms of other members, I could go on ad nauseum, but special credit to Wokka and Wayne - it's been great catching up and I look forward to raising another Gwen Stefani at some point with the two of you. May 4D Guitars as a business become a reality! Bass Guy - I'm constantly in awe of your skills with the bass and think the guitars you have produced are amazing. Pest - it's great to have a little terrier around making noise and you wear this badge with honour. As a crusty old(ish) bloke, I'm excited to see the enthusiasm you have for lutherie and hope that one day I hit the web and see Pest's Guitars listed as a must have!

I'll cease my self indulgent rant here but will leave with a parting note to others - Lawry, GavinTurner, AJ, DanMade, Tim, Robin, Smithy, Alex, VanHaydn and the rest of you (as with any of these kinds of things, I know I'll have missed some). One of the reasons I am loving being here and have posted so many times is that I am learning from all of you - your mistakes and amazing successes and am loving every minute of it!

lawry
23-02-2014, 02:37 AM
That's a really nice 'from the heart' post Dan and I can't imagine anyone would disagree with any of it. For me, I've never done anything woodworky before and have learned heaps, not only through my own efforts, but mainly from the knowledge and advice freely given by others in this community. So yeah, thanks to all. It's fun and rewarding.

stan
23-02-2014, 02:51 AM
A very worthy 1000th post, here's to many more - as your own contributions are important too

adam
23-02-2014, 04:25 AM
Thanks Brendan, lovely sentiments and greatly appreciated. Thanks for being such a big part of the Community and especially for all your work on the wiring diagrams and the forthcoming upgrades. Onward to 2000 posts (see if you can beat our Facebook page reaching 2000 fans)

adam
23-02-2014, 04:30 AM
In honour of Brendan reaching 1000 posts, I have reset the "level" names to Top Gun names. You need 2000 to get to Maverick.

Edit: Scratch that. That was a terrible idea, someone might have thought you played an Iceman! We can play with the level names, so if anyone has a fun idea, let me know.

We can also make your name on the Forum default to your "Nickname", whereas it is currently set to your username (log in name).

Gavin1393
23-02-2014, 05:29 AM
Maverick???? Ah that's worth a post!

<<<------ Oh look 2000 posts! :)

Well done Brendan on your achievement and thank you for the kind words.

Brendan
23-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Gav - sorry - you get Moderator... I however am aiming for bigger and better things - well 998 posts to go!

BTW - congrats Gav on 2000 posts!

Analyst69
23-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Nice sentiments Brendan and all of your contributions to the community are no doubt greatly appreciated.

I probably spend more time lurking than contributing but I have learnt heaps from this forum.

I am continually amazed and impressed at the effort towards Customer Service put in by Adam and Co. Having dealt with another organisation distributing kits in the past, I am all to aware of how special the Pitbull crew and the forum is (I believe it is one Adam dealt with, had a poor experience and may have inspired his decision to start Pitbull).

I found myself pondering recently the fact that the Pitbull Forum is very likely the best kit building forum in the world (I have searched for others in the past), and it is occupied by a community that is rather unique (I never see any trolling).

Congratulations on reaching such a high level of forum contributions!!!

Cheers

Darren

adam
23-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Yeah, sorry Gav, you will always be "Moderator", no matter how fast and high you fly. I can call you Maverick in person if you like.

gavinturner
23-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Great post Brendan. Thanks for voicing the sentiments we all share. Congrats on the big 1000!

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
25-02-2014, 01:00 AM
well done Brendan for your kind words and congrats on joining the 1000+ post group,
I've learnt a heap from the forum and also Gav and DB.
Keep up the good work Adam, PBG just keeps to grow and the range of products available keeps improving and growing!

wokkaboy
25-02-2014, 01:04 AM
well done Brendan for your kind words and congratulations reaching the 1000+post group. Hope Pest sent you an invite to the Facebook group.
I've learnt a heap on the forum and big thanks to the help I've had from Gavmeister and DB.
Also big thanks to Adam, there's no DIY kit company like PBG, they continue to expand the range of products/services.
I've really enjoyed building every kit, its a pleasure to do business with PBG and the forum family are fantastic

keloooe
25-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Brendan, those words are better than anything I would ever come up with! Congrats to all with 1k+ posts and to Gav with 2000 posts!!!

crundes
25-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Well said Brendan! Despite only taking part of the PBG forums for a short amount of time I couldn't agree more with your sentiments. A great community to be part of, with lot's of friendly advice and great customer service. It's people like you that make me check the forums every day to see what else I can learn. Congrats on the 1000 posts!

keloooe
25-02-2014, 07:49 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from crundes on February 24, 2014, 19:50
A great community to be part of, with lot's of friendly advice and great customer service. It's people like you that make me check the forums every day to see what else I can learn.

This is why the Pest is still around!