PDA

View Full Version : Update

adam
18-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Hey folks,

I'm sorry, but we have to stop ordering new kits... we are completely drained of capital. I just saw the Proforma Invoice for our April/May order and almost died. Damn you guys!! Yesterday I loved you, today I am cursing you ;)

So, to recap, we have a Ricky 4001 style Bass, an ES-175 style hollow body, a Gretsch Silver Falcon style hollow body (checking if the 175 and Gretsch are true hollow or semi-hollow), a 12 string ES-335 kit, a twin neck Bass/Guitar abomination and a good quantity of 3/4 size ST-1 kits... for your offspring.

Let's keep this thread open, so we keep getting new ideas, but we won't be looking at adding any more new kits until April/May, after the above mentioned kits have arrived and settled.

Thanks for all your great ideas... now get out there and tell people about us... we have so much stock it's not funny.

Bass Guy
18-02-2014, 09:21 AM
I was wondering when we would reach critical mass... :D

Just out of interest, how much are the mini-Strat kits? Gumby is getting a little jealous of Gollum's pressie.

adam
18-02-2014, 09:36 AM
I think we should be able to do them at $99, including postage.

The real bummer is the exchange rate. We had parity, or better, when we started and today it's @ 90 cents. BUT, the Aussie banks don't use that rate... oh no, no, no... we got 86 cents from ANZ when I paid for our February order. Absolutely criminal. Sorry, end of rant. But yes, the 3/4 kits should be just under $100, BG.

Brendan
18-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Ads - you've got the best range and prices in the land, especially if you add in all the extras (forum, support, after sales, etc, etc, etc). And now it only gets bigger... Lets hope the new kits are big sellers!

gavinturner
19-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Adam, thanks for all the effort. I can imagine it must be a stretch with so many new models to stock. Don't worry - those kits will be off your hands in no time flat!

cheers,
Gav.

keloooe
19-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Adam, you are an awesome guy getting those kits in stock!

Scott J.
20-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Seconded, Third-ed and More-ed!!! (third-ed??? more-ed??? :D )

Adam, you and Pit Bull deserve every word of praise for your exceptional efforts - you give us a generally GREAT product (and immediately fix it on the rare occasion when its not), you get it to us for an incomparable price and next to no waiting time if you have it stock, and you listen to all our wants and suggestions and act on them too! ... nothing more could be wanted by any customer!

If, in our zealous enthusiasm, we go a little "nuts" in our (guitar and bass) dreams and desires, we know you'll forgive us and, accordingly, we'll willingly accept blame for any frustrations that those "axe-fantasies" might cause you.

If there was a national award for Retailer/Trader of the Year, we (the PBG clan) would be nominating you for permanent placement in the Hall of Fame!

kells80aus
20-02-2014, 02:38 AM
Here are my thoughts about custom orders for out of the ordinary kits. If you really want one then pay for it up front. I wanted an LP junior with a set Neck, Adam said he could do it. Rather than potentially leave Adam with a kit that may be hard to get rid of if SS Paypacket managed to hit an iceberg(like mine has) I paid up front. Simple process that will keep Australia's best kit company up and running.

Cheer PK

adam
20-02-2014, 07:56 AM
Hey thanks guys, we always appreciate your kind sentiments. I'm looking forward to the new kits as much as you. Bones and I are lucky in that we get to rip the lid off every new kit and take in it's heady, wood glue bouquet before anyone else. I still remember the first time we opened an ES-1G, there was much jaw dropping.

@kells80aus and others, yes, we do still order pretty much anything someone wants (within limitations of the factory), with a deposit, but in this case, we were asking for new kit ideas for stock. Ok, there were a few suggestions which were just personal "dream guitars", rather than kits that would sell, but I think overall the project worked well and we have some ripper new kits to look forward to.

WeirdBits
14-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Quote from adam on February 17, 2014, 18:15
[...] an ES-175 style hollow body, a Gretsch Silver Falcon style hollow body (checking if the 175 and Gretsch are true hollow or semi-hollow) [...]

Adam, any word yet on what the format of the 175 and SF will be, semi-/hollow bodies?

adam
14-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Weirdy, I'm hoping for true hollow bodies for those two kits, but I will not be surprised if the language barrier delivers us semi hollow bodies. Wait and see. That order is about to be sent to the Port for shipping... I'm excited!

WeirdBits
14-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Me too!

If not, the next step is for you to learn Mandarin... I mean, anything for your customers, right? ;)

John_Smith
14-03-2014, 10:20 PM
hey i had an idea,could you do a 1949 snake head esquire with a really thick neck. im not sure if this is where you post it and i'm sorry if it isn't

WeirdBits
19-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Thank you Adam for once again giving us what we asked for and more.

The new kits look fantastic, definitely worth the wait. Order placed!

adam
19-05-2014, 04:53 AM
No problem Scott, they're all great additions to the catalogue. You're going to love the two hollow body kits you ordered.