PDA

View Full Version : Tonerider Pickups

adam
16-02-2014, 06:57 AM
You might have noticed that we've starting adding Tonerider pickups to our eStore. I haven't quite finished yet, I still have the P90's and Bass pups to add. Yes, Brendan, I didn't forget about you, they even held the shipment back to add the bass pups.

If you regulars can have a look through the range and, if you spot any glaring errors, please let me know. You know my eye for detail is not the best.

Also, let me know what you think about the pricing. I've tried to keep it just under the competition (when you account for our free shipping).

Bass Guy
16-02-2014, 07:09 AM
These look like terrific value for money- looking forward to seeing the bass sets.

WeirdBits
16-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Prices look spot on Adam, definitely where I'll get my next set of Toneriders. Any plans to stock the covered (Nickel or Gold) humbuckers?

Brendan
16-02-2014, 10:52 AM
OOOhhhh more toys....

adam
16-02-2014, 02:12 PM
@WeirdBits, yes, we will eventually stock the entire range, but we started off with the big sellers.
@Brendan, the Bass pups are now up. There's only two sets; Jazz Plus and Precision Plus, but we have them both in stock (well actually one set is at DB house, but if you're quick...)

I just need to add the P90 pups tomorrow then we'll be good to go. Oh, did I mention we also have some Entwistle pickups coming? According to Brendan (and a few others on the web) they're the bees knees. So, loads of awesome pickup upgrade options to choose from.

keloooe
16-02-2014, 11:04 PM
YES!!!!!! I was looking at the Hot Classics set for my first scratch Tele Les Paul!
Prices are great Ads, especially compared with RealTone's prices + shipping!

Now to get my hands on some nice Rebel 90's....

Brendan
17-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Ads, Bass pups delivered for cheaper than the purchase price at RealTone - that's nice!

jarrod
17-02-2014, 05:33 AM
I have these in my TLA STA PRS and my SV-1, I have used a variety of pick ups from EMG to Seymor Duncan's and many in between but value for money these things rock . Actually forget the dollar value I would still buy these over other pups . The classic blues have unreal tone along with the Rocksongs and the Generators are just dam animals

dingobass
17-02-2014, 08:58 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on February 15, 2014, 23:12
@WeirdBits, yes, we will eventually stock the entire range, but we started off with the big sellers.
@Brendan, the Bass pups are now up. There's only two sets; Jazz Plus and Precision Plus, but we have them both in stock (well actually one set is at DB house, but if you're quick...)

I just need to add the P90 pups tomorrow then we'll be good to go. Oh, did I mention we also have some Entwistle pickups coming? According to Brendan (and a few others on the web) they're the bees knees. So, loads of awesome pickup upgrade options to choose from.

And this set of Jazz Pups have already got a project waiting for them.... they are mine, all mine!.......

Gavin1393
17-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Gotta love Pit Bull for organising Toneriders, these are super pickups for the price. Echo everything good about Rocksong humbuckers and you can't go wrong with any of the strat pickups, love the city Limits and classic blues.....and cheaper than the competition too. well done Ad's.

Brendan
18-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Lads / Ladettes - just had a look at the ToneRider website... http://www.tonerider.com/about/winding.html got a whole page on how they wind their pups for anyone who's interested. Also noted that most are 4 wire - COIL SPLITTING here I come!

jarrod
19-02-2014, 03:36 AM
Yes Brendan thanks I was going to mention the coil splitting. for that price aint it wonderful

MetalMatt
19-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Awesome stuff Ads, I'm about to purchase a set of Surfaris and Pure Vintage for my Strats

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from jarrod on February 16, 2014, 14:33
The classic blues have unreal tone along with the Rocksongs and the Generators are just dam animals

Hey Jarrod I have a couple of other Pitbull guitars also earmarked for pickup upgrades but I'm having a bit of trouble choosing which set for which guitar! The 2 guitars in question are my Rhodes Flying V and a Les Paul. Obviously the V is more metal and the Les Paul is more G'N'R - which pickups would you suggest for each? Cheers

Gavin1393
19-02-2014, 01:43 PM
For the "V" I'd be looking at the Generators a cool 16k resistance!!!
Rocksongs for the Les Paul at a lesser 12k!

MetalMatt
19-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Thanks Gav, from what I'd gleaned off the net I'd sort of semi-come to that conclusion but wasn't 100% sure

Gavin1393
19-02-2014, 02:07 PM
MetalMatt, the toneriders are terrific, unless I am happy to spend 300+ on my Muy Grande pickups I will use Toneriders in my guitars. They are a bargain by comparison and the quality is right up there.

Brendan
19-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Matt - for those guitars, it may be worth the wait for the Entwistles to come along - they've also got some high 16K style pups - DarkStars and some of the Neodymium range (HDN's - 16.9K!). Not sure when they're due to arrive, but Ads has apparently ordered some! They're also 4 wire so may be fun to compare.

[EDIT] just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY2lgZCCDkE compares Generators and HDNs...

jarrod
19-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Yup I agree gav, I have generators in my SV and rock songs in my prs and they are great combinations.

MetalMatt
19-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Cheers fellas! Will put in an order tonight.

MetalMatt
26-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Birthday prezzies for 4 of my guitars! Thanks for the Toneriders Adam, will also get a set of the Generators in the not too distant future (and the GFS Crunchy Rails are for my EXP-1)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/oldval/pickupss.jpg

wokkaboy
27-02-2014, 12:43 AM
nice range of pickups there Matt, should make your axes really sing, and a big Happy Birthday mate !

MetalMatt
27-02-2014, 01:15 AM
Actually I worded that badly, it's not my birthday I meant it's birthday time for the guitars ;) Now I just have to get my less than satisfactory soldering skills up to scratch and install the buggers!

wokkaboy
27-02-2014, 04:05 AM
haha no worries Matt, I got about 30 axes that need a birthday upgrade, that will happen in time.
Replacing pickups shouldn't be too hard re-soldering. Good luck and we may need a sound demo once its done.
I got a set of the GFS crunchy humbuckers too, keen to hear how they sound. Not sure what axe they are going in