PDA

View Full Version : 4001

pablopepper
14-02-2014, 03:30 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet considering how many times I've seen it requested. Rickenbacker 4001! I know it's probably tricky with the unique hardware etc, but if there is one kit that would sell like the proverbial hotcakes...
http://riffsofwisdom.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/rickenbacker1.jpg

Brendan
14-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Good point Pablo - I'd certainly be open to the idea.

gavinturner
14-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Yes, absolutely!

cheers,
Gav.

dingobass
14-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Therein lies the dilemma... It wont sound like a Riccy unless it is neckthrough, has real Riccy pups etc and the bridge..
It could work as a bolt on neck construction and generic single coil pups and bridge as a homage to the 4001.
Adam will clarify this but it may be doable if we can get 10 order confirmations and the factory can make them :P

adam
14-02-2014, 09:21 AM
I will ask our Chinese friends about this one as there does seem to be much demand. They won't be able to doa neck through, but could do a set neck. I will let you know. It would be a nice addition to the catalogue.

keloooe
14-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Or even as a bolt on like DB said would be fantastic! I've always wanted a Riccy bass....

lawry
15-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Oh yeah. I've always loved Rickies. Here's a bit of nostalgia (for me anyway). This pic was taken in 1979 when I was in a Melbourne band called BackStreet (long before the "other" Backstreet was formed). This is only a Ric copy, of course, but I loved it!

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/7t92i-image.jpg

adam
15-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Ok, we have our first RC-4 kits on order, due in April (late April). You can backorder now or wait and see what they are like. Price is $219.

We have asked for a set neck and body in Ash.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/?product=pit-bull-guitars-rc-4-electric-bass-guitar-kit

Bass Guy
15-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Yes, please. I will backorder one!

Scott J.
15-02-2014, 09:39 AM
ALRIGHT!!! YEAH!!! 8-) (finally a Ricky kit - the bass of a guitarist's dreams! :D ... If you've got them on the way, then I'm certainly in for one ... even if I have to wait for a second shipment.

dingobass
15-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmm...Ricci ricci riccy riccy.......

jarrod
17-02-2014, 03:16 AM
Nice Adam, put me down for one. I must say your efforts to give your customers choice and variety is purely second to none. Its nice to purchase products from someone who listens to customer needs. Dam better show the wife this one she loves her Rickies.

Brendan
17-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Ads,
Hold on to one for me... Need to clear with the Minister for War and Finance, but by April / May should have the brownie points in reserve...

adam
17-02-2014, 09:50 AM
I can't hold one Brendan, but I've ordered a good quantity. If we get heavily back-ordered before they arrive I will let you know.

And, for all you regulars reading this, if you do ever want to "hold" a kit, I have no problem with you ordering a kit and selecting the payment as "Bank Transfer". Then, just transfer $20 or whatever you can afford to our account and put a note in the transaction that it's a deposit. I can hold until you have cleared with 'er indoors. If you change your mind I will even put your deposit to another selection... because I am that easy. Godammit!

Bass Guy
17-02-2014, 10:06 AM
I think I can speak for all of us in expressing our gratitude with your malleability and patience with all our weird requests. I have never encountered anyone else who is so willing to make the customers' lives this easy.

And I think I can speak for us all again in saying that we do not take your sterling effort for granted. Thank you a thousand fold.

adam
17-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Haha, thanks BG, it's an absolute pleasure... I love you guys! Remember, I'm a guitar player and Bones and DB are Bass Players, so we get as much enjoyment out of all these new kits as you guys do. Unfortunately, the "new kit program" can't be endless... I just don't have the funds. So, as a group, we have to work out what will actually sell. I think this last exercise, where we have added a Ricky 4001 Bass, a Gretsch Silver Falcon and an ES-175, has been absolutely worthwhile. I can't wait for these to arrive.

Brendan
17-02-2014, 11:33 AM
My bad Adam - poor comms on my part. Meant I would commit to one. Still need to clear it, but I've already got an almost green light - just need to finish one or two of the ones I've started so far :). Will put a deposit in tonight.

Brendan
17-02-2014, 12:00 PM
And done! Can't wait!

dingobass
17-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Yeah, wot Ads said. You guys bring us so much enjoyment through your loyalty and the stunningly beautiful Guitars that you build. I too want to thank you by saying I love you guys :)

gavinturner
17-02-2014, 04:41 PM
I will definitely be ordering one of these when they come in.

Cheers,
Gav.

Brendan
18-02-2014, 10:39 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on February 16, 2014, 21:54
Yeah, wot Ads said. You guys bring us so much enjoyment through your loyalty and the stunningly beautiful Guitars that you build. I too want to thank you by saying I love you guys :)

Awww I'd feel all mushy now, but I can't read this as the dodgy wifi's on the fritz :).

Ads, DB, Bones and Gav have made this all happen so thanks goes to you guys.