PDA

View Full Version : Twin Neck Guitar and Bass

adam
13-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Hey folks,

I've started this sub-Forum for anyone who has an idea for a new kit. Post it here and we can gauge the reaction (that is, will people want to purchase it).

I'll kick thing off with this one.

I only have a photo of the finished guitar, but it's a twin neck bass and guitar (4 string and 6 string). This is the only shape they currently make such a beast in.

Now, we could order the kits without the shaped headstock and without the inlay (although if you're going to actually play one of these monstrosities in front of people I would say that flame inlays are mandatory).

I'm guessing the price is going to be around $320-$350.

So... can anyone see themselves with one of these in their collection?
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/74abe-124.jpg

TheOfficialIntoEden
13-02-2014, 09:24 AM
7 and 8 string model. the body style I was thinking was more like the MB, IB, or PBG-1 body, but I also wouldn't mind a new Schecter Avenger style body either.

http://www.drumza.com/images/SchecterBlackjackATXAvengerBlack.jpg

Bass Guy
13-02-2014, 10:47 AM
I'd be keen on a twin neck guitar/baritone instrument...

Fretworn
14-02-2014, 01:28 AM
A bass/guitar double neck doesn't interest me. If fact, the double that would get my attention would be a double-6 so I could have a standard tuned neck and a open tuned slide neck on the same guitar. But that is not likely to be something that will have mass appeal.

The one guitar that I would really like that is not already on the list is a 12 string Tele or Strat.

adam
14-02-2014, 01:33 AM
Hey Fretworn, the 12 string ST and TL are both available to order, I wouldn't want to stock them. Just add $40 to the respective RRP and that would be the price, usual 9-12 week delivery.

wokkaboy
14-02-2014, 05:27 AM
I can't see the merit in having a guitar/bass twin neck, you are usually a guitar player or bass player but not both.
I like BG's and Fretworns idea of a twin baritone/guitar or 2 x 6 string guitar necks one for slide one for finger playing

kevbass
14-02-2014, 06:16 AM
I play in a trio ,last set I pick up the bass if people want to dance but the singer /guitarist plays no lead. I could use it but would like a more classic styling Sg body eg.
Im thinking of joining 2 together otherwise.

adam
14-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Honestly, unless you play in a Spinal Tap cover band and you have to go from Sex Farm to Big Bottom, really quickly, I just can't see a need for such a beast.

Gavin1393
14-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Baritone? DB? Spec's? Is he down off the roof yet with his router bit Wokka?

jarrod
14-02-2014, 01:25 PM
$320 - $350
seriously I would also have to pay for that monstrosity to hang on my wall . Oh Christ it would need two dam hangers as well

jarrod
14-02-2014, 01:29 PM
I would be lying if I said I haven't been toying this one over. Nice PRS shape

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/170h2-Hot-selling-font-b-PRS-b-font-font-b-guitar-b-font-New-Arrival-Paul-Reed.jpg_140x140.jpg

keloooe
14-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Hey Ads, I would be up for a kit like that for that kind of price!

Analyst69
17-02-2014, 06:10 AM
I know it came up in a thread before, but a Geddy Lee twin Neck (4/6) Riccie style would be cool.

I know it is hard to imagine the use for a guitar and bass in one, but a prog rock trio obviously found a purpose for one :)....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEuOoMprDqg

Admittedly, I had to watch a fair way in to get to the bit where the six string is used (not that I mind, one of my favourite Rush songs).

I guess the appeal of something like this kit to me, would be if it was my chance to replicate an instrument of one of my favourite musicians...hence my Riccie comment...maybe one day :)

Fretworn
18-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Listening to that song reminds me that the studio version was recorded in one take, first take, outside on the porch.

dingobass
18-02-2014, 05:18 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on February 12, 2014, 16:15
Hey folks,

I've started this sub-Forum for anyone who has an idea for a new kit. Post it here and we can gauge the reaction (that is, will people want to purchase it).

I'll kick thing off with this one.

I only have a photo of the finished guitar, but it's a twin neck bass and guitar (4 string and 6 string). This is the only shape they currently make such a beast in.

Now, we could order the kits without the shaped headstock and without the inlay (although if you're going to actually play one of these monstrosities in front of people I would say that flame inlays are mandatory).

I'm guessing the price is going to be around $320-$350.

So... can anyone see themselves with one of these in their collection?
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/74abe-124.jpg

Please put it out of its misery before the damn thing breeds....

lawry
18-02-2014, 06:11 AM
Sorry man. But not me. Never really been a fan of double necks. I also wonder how heavy they'd be for a whole night of gigging. I had a Maton JB4 years ago and it was heavy enough. Two brackets into the night and it felt like Mr. Spock had given me the Vulcan nerve pinch.

String Breaker
14-03-2014, 08:46 AM
it would be really cool if you guys did one similar to the danneloectro model or the rickenbaker style double neck

ihasmario
24-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Is something like this with a less "Metal" body available? Particularly if we can get it down to a single neck?

I loop a bit, and depending on loop length, changing from guitar to bass can waste a lot of time (since I do not like octave pedals).

Fretworn
25-04-2014, 02:55 AM
Quote from ihasmario on April 24, 2014, 02:21
Is something like this with a less "Metal" body available? Particularly if we can get it down to a single neck?

I loop a bit, and depending on loop length, changing from guitar to bass can waste a lot of time (since I do not like octave pedals).

Sorry, do you want the bass and guitar on a single neck? Or am I miss understanding you?

ihasmario
25-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah, single neck ;). It's been done a bit with 10 string classical guitars (but they usually tune those to the desired pitches rather than fretting and usually only go down to A). There's also the stupid basses as well.

I play float thumb so lots of strings aren't a concern for me.

Just musing on possibilities really ;)