PDA

View Full Version : Hello.....thats American for "Gday"

Kona Dog
12-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Was just browsing guitar kit sites and ran across Pitbull....

Me...I'm in Baton Rouge,Louisiana

I'm 57 y.o.

have played guitar since I was 20 or so...have a little experience woodworking and thought I might combine my interests by building a guitar.

I was also wondering if Pitbull ships to the US?

My store bought Les Paul.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2xh72-Picture002.jpg

adam
12-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey Kona Dog, welcome aboard. Yes, we've shipped quite a few kits to the US, in fact there's a few of your countrymen lurking on this Forum. The postage is A$59.95, which is about US$54. You can order directly from this site and pay through PayPal with your CCard... you don't need a PayPal account.

Kona Dog
13-02-2014, 12:44 AM
From what I've seen you have some nice looking stuff Adam...a lot better looking wood than a few places I've seen.

I like the tutorials too....and the forums for support.

I've wanted a tele style guitar for awhile and yours seem first rate from all the finished pictures I've seen here.

You'll be seeing my order soon.

WeirdBits
13-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Welcome KD, I think you will find combining your interests to be very rewarding. We're all pretty biased around here, but Pit Bull has a great range of affordable good quality kits backed up by amazing aftersales service, and supported by a fantastic community... you will be smiling from the moment you open your (first) kit, I certainly was.

As you've already seen the Gallery section of this forum shows just how good these kits can look when finished, and the various Build Diaries will give you a good idea of the quality of the kits and what is involved in building and/or customising them. Good luck with your kit - beware, it is habit forming!

Kona Dog
13-02-2014, 01:54 AM
I was stunned looking at most of those works of art...

I'll start small....a tele in ash with either just a slight stain to bring out the grain or muted burst.

If that one turns out decent I really want a 612Dbl neck....and an SG.....and maybe a strat...and maybe AAAA top LP... maybe a bass too...lol

OMG!....I think I'm becoming addicted and I Haven't even started.

wokkaboy
13-02-2014, 02:00 AM
welcome to the forum Keith, a tele kit is a good one to start on and you will be far enough away from Adam loves 'aquiring' Tele's for his wall at Pit Bull headquarters.
Take your time and start a build diary and there's a heap of help on the forum so ask lots of questions. The only silly questions are the ones you don't ask.
Your Les Paul looks excellent, you may want to build something more challenging for your next build and trust me once you start building you will want another kit
Best of luck

gavinturner
13-02-2014, 02:56 AM
Welcome Keith, great to have another of our American friends on board! Looking forward to reading your build diary. And the next one. And the next one. ;).
That's a nice LP you've got there. Bet your tele will look even better!

Cheers dude,
Gav.

Brendan
13-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Keith, I see you've got GAS already (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome)... Welcome to the madness! Tele's a great place to start.

Bass Guy
13-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Welcome, Keith! Fantastic to have another trans-Pacific guitar enthusiast on board.

Kona Dog
13-02-2014, 11:26 AM
lol...GAS is an acronym I know all too well Brenden,some online music friends and I used the term for quite a few years now.Actually there's one who lives about an hour or so from me that is a novice luthier and his building and work for others has kinda lead me down the DIY path.I've passed the link to Pit Bull to him hoping he'll join.

Thanks all for the warm welcomes too....

Timsan
16-02-2014, 06:40 AM
Avast, Keith. Nice to have you aboard the HMAS Pitbull. Enjoy the DIY guitar bug! I'm on my first build and totally loving it.