PDA

View Full Version : Gday from Melb

explorer
24-01-2014, 09:13 AM
G'day folks,

Dave from Melbourne here,
My lovely wife kindly bought me an EXA-1 ash body, explorer style for xmas and Im slowly getting round to building it .

Ive made a few mods, so far I've plugged up the large toggle hole and re bored a smaller hole to accommodate a second volume and moved the 3 way toggle to sit under a scratch plate I made up .Im leaning toward a satin black finish, white scratch plate with a gloss black head stock.

looking forward being a part of this forum and sharing my builds ( Ive got the bug and cant wait to start an LP next )
anyway

Cheers Dave

stan
24-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Sounds great Dave, Welcome from Geelong!

gavinturner
24-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the PBG clan Dave!

The plans for the explorer sound great. Give us some pictures of those mods! Great to start a build and share your progress, no matter how small, with all of us. We enjoy each others builds *almost* as much as we enjoy our own!! :P. Take your time, and remember that the divas here in the forum are always available to answer any question.

cheers,
Gav.

WeirdBits
24-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Welcome Dave, good luck with your build.

adam
24-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Hey Dave, welcome aboard! What part of Melbourne are you in?

Look forward to seeing EXA-1 take shape.

explorer
24-01-2014, 10:00 AM

wokkaboy
24-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Welcome Dave, look forward to seeing your progress on the build diary section. Please get a photo if you can how the kit looks out of the box, these ash kits have a beautiful grain and have been turning out excellent.
Don't rush the build, ask lots of questions and enjoy the build most of all !
There is tons of help on the forum.

explorer
24-01-2014, 10:10 AM
If only i could work out how to post my pics hmmm

wokkaboy
24-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Dave, hit the 'quote' button above the last post or the blue 'reply' button and 3 x choose file buttons come up, so choose file and select the images to post

explorer
24-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Well if this works it should show the toggle hole in the middle made smaller and rebored and the slot I routed for the toggle wiring to be covered by the scratch plate.
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/c6aon-DSC_0732.jpg

Brendan
24-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the madhouse Dave where GAS and on a good day BAS is truly celebrated and shared with all and sundry. Good to see you already have the hallmarks of a good bit of GAS! Rest assured there are more than a couple Vics and ex Vics (quite appropriate for your first build!) around. And even those with no links to Victoria can provide the odd bit of good advice!

Fretworn
24-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Welcome.