PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the Nicholas crew

Smithy
21-01-2014, 06:25 AM
Gday all,
This is my first and introductory post.
Myself (Tim) and my two sons Sam (16) and Henry (13) have recently taken delivery of our first three pit bull guitars and are about to embark on our build.
Sam has an SG-1, Henry a LP-1 and I have an LP-1M.
We are all very excited about kicking off the project. Sam intends to use Onyx Wudtone, Henry is going with the Wudtone sunburst kit (in traditional colours) while I am planning on going "au natural" with a Wudtone burning sun kit.
We will be doing a dry run of the assembly tomorrow followed by sanding. I will also order the Wudtone products tomorrow.
I am lucky to work with Brendan so get heaps of help from him but look forward to any advice you might have along the way.
Build diary to follow.
Cheers for now,
Tim, Sam and Henry
(username smithy)

gavinturner
21-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Hi guys,

Welcome to the PBG crew! Great to have another family team on board. Last year I built a BC-1 with my 8-year old son Eben and we had a blast. I'm sure you guys will too. A great bonding experience - not to mention the chance to rock out afterwards ;). Looking forward to reading about all three of your builds!

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
21-01-2014, 07:24 AM
welcome Tim, Sam and Henry, good to see 3 new builders.
The kits you chose and wudtone colours sound great.
Sure Brendan has given you some tips how to start the build but there's plenty of help on the forum, so start a build diary, don't rush the build and ask lots of questions.
I do warn you building guitars is very addictive !

best of luck and look forward to some pics in the build diary section

Gavin1393
21-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the forum! Take a look at the thread on "How to build your Pit Bull Guitar. It will help you get ahead!

Brendan
21-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Great to see you here Tim - looking forward to chats and seeing the 3 axes develop! I know how much thought and prep has gone into getting to this point, so it must be a great feeling to "release the hounds"!

Fretworn
22-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Welcome to you all.