PDA

View Full Version : G-Day from Brisbane !

VanHaydn
12-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Just found your site! very nice love it!
I lived in Perth for 5 years and missed you guys
Now in Brisbane after a 2 year return stint in the UK

MY name is Haydn nice to be here and hope to meet a few on the way! Been playing pro for a few years started when i was 9 years old but didnt take it seriously, A friend called Dean Lemon gave me a going away to bording school pressy an acoustic nylon geet. and had fun from there, I have a little home recording studio, designed my own cnc machine to buld rc helicopters and rc aircraft but also in the back of my mind was to build guitars. so a friend in the Uk wanted to cut his own design so did it for him,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGayUeiDWqs

turned out nice so now have the bug to do them and have fun, I already have 13 guitars but hey each one has its own personality and get played when i feel like difference of opinion!

Have just order the 6string bass..think it may be the last one hopefully so lets see how that turnes out, planing a cnc carving on it to experiment with some new ideas , looking forward to that!

cheers

Haydn aka VAnHAydn!

here are my facebook pages one for music and one for helicopters
https://www.facebook.com/haydnlovelight
https://www.facebook.com/FullPitchRC

lawry
12-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Hi Haydn. Welcome to the PBG clan. Sounds like you have a nice setup that you will be using in your build.
Please start a build diary so we can all follow the journey. I'm particularly interested because I currently have a 6 string bass build on the go.
Cheers

WeirdBits
12-01-2014, 11:44 PM
I would have way too much fun with a CNC! Welcome to the forum Haydn.

The IB-6's are great looking kits, so you're starting off well. I can't wait to see what you add to it with the CNC. We forumites love pictures of builds, so start a build diary when you can and help feed our addiction. Have fun with the build, and good luck.

Brendan
13-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Welcome along - hope the IB-6 turns out nice!

Fretworn
14-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Welcome

wokkaboy
14-01-2014, 02:23 AM
welcome Haydn, love your CNC machine, anything that takes human error away has to be good ! Sounds like you have a good collection of axes, and a recording studio I'm jealous.
I'm also building an IB6S (see my profile pic) fantastic looking axes, look forward to seeing the cap on your's.
As everyone says take your time, start a build diary and there's plenty of help on this forum.
Best of luck !
Any idea what colours you will stain the bass ?

robin
14-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi Hadyn, and welcome to the PBG family.

Another Brisbanite here. Unfortunately, compared to you, my playing and building skills fall more in the "tries hard, but could do better" category. But I have had heaps of fun since finding Pit Bull.

Please do a build diary and keep us all posted.

cheers
rob

VanHaydn
14-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanx Gents!
good to meet you all
Im going to do a carving of some sort into the cap,Its probably not that great as it was the last one off the shelf, im sure it got left behind each time a choice was made,but im not fussed,as im going to hack into it with my cnc machine anyway, Not decided on colour or stain yet, I like natural colours of wood so may just oil it, I have found some replacement electronics, I would like to fit a Preamp system so will need to complete a batterybox routing and make some of my own plates for the rear,my building skills are also from try this if it works keep it ideaology ! playing skills are also damn wish i could do that better headspace!My worskhop is a complete shambles as the 44FT container just got dumped onto any flat surface they could find so its going to take a few months to sort out,broke my tools and many toys in the move too,so thats all gotta get sorted but its on the way at least! would love to meet some guys here in Brisbane sometime I live in St lucia BTW
cheers
Haydn

VanHaydn
14-01-2014, 10:02 PM
bit of a mess really ...will sort it later when Ive settled in!, Just had to get stuff working as it took a few months to get here so had withdrawls!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.624146484287184.1073741829.460824337286067&type=1

pablopepper
14-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Hi Haydn. Maybe we should get a Brisbane chapter BBQ happening sometime? A few snags, a few bevvies and some sweet guitars. Why let those west coast chaps have all the fun?

VanHaydn
15-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Good Plan! lets do it, Im free most days and weekends, so anytime! pm me your contact or you could get mine off FB
cheers
H

Timsan
16-02-2014, 09:41 PM
I'll second that notion. A BBQ, some brewskis and a jam sounds like a great way to kill a Saturday arvo.

DanMade
16-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Another Brisbanite here, I'm keen to meet up with a few of you guys too.

A casual weekend gathering sounds great. Count me in. I will add you guys on FB to exchange some contact details.

VanHaydn
17-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Great lets do it! Craig is just around the corner too !