PDA

View Full Version : Olympic White - Vintage Blonde

Obas
01-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Hi there, does anyone have experience and pics of these two variants.
I'm just starting my first build and cannot seem to find any pics of either finish - apart from those used in the Wudtone web pages.
Much appreciated

gavinturner
01-01-2014, 08:35 PM
You can get an idea what Vintage Blonde looks like in metalmatt's thread here:

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=732

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Gav.

Gavin1393
01-01-2014, 11:24 PM
I wouldnt recommend you using Olympic on a first build. It's not an easy colour to apply. Rather go for the Vintage Blonde.

MetalMatt
02-01-2014, 12:36 AM
Note to self - take some pics of my finished guitars and update build threads ;)

Scott J.
03-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Seconded Gavin! ... I wouldn't say Olympic Girl is not an easy colour to work with - I'd say its a real b*t$ch! :D

I'm currently struggling with it on an Alder Tele - its certainly no where a solid colour and doesn't produce so much a "white" colour as it does a pale, "white-washed" (lime-washed) effect which if put on anything with even the faintest hint of colour in the timber ends up coming out as a very pale pink (which is what I've ended up with - think of a very faded Conch Girl) ... and that's after using ALL of both bottles (base and colour) on Alder which ISN'T a "red" timber! ... (I am NOT PLAYING A PINK GUITAR! :D)

I guess on a brown or yellow timber it might finish up ok (but not convinced) ... personally I think to get the Olympic Girl colour to work better its going to need a higher percentage of solids in the solution than it currently does