PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for FVB-4

Barney
24-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Howdy,
I have finally started on my FVB-4 and I am really liking the way it is coming together.
The time to do the wiring is drawing nearer so I went in and had a look at the video guide for wiring the 2 Humbuckers 1 Volume 1 Tone & 3 way switch. It all looked very straight forward UNTIL I looked at the pickups in the kit. The guide shows just a red or yellow wire and an earth wire , but the pickups in the kit have 4 wires in each, attached together to form 2 wires which I am assuming are the active & earth but PLEEEZE correct me if I'm wrong. Into the mix then is thrown a 5th one which is a fine black wire?
Could you please give me some guidance, there is a long yellow wire & a long red wire in the kit, does this just get soldered to the wires from the pick-up & then to the pots? What becomes of the fine black wired?
I certainly don't wish to foul it all up so any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Barney

Brendan
24-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Barney - that's one of the ones I need to do a diagram for. If you could post some photos of the electronics, that'd help heaps. Looks like the humbuckers are coil split - yay!

My gut tells me the 5th wire is a shield for the wire itself. Post some pics and I'll put a diagram together for you. Should be wiring soon!

Post some pics of the body and neck so we can all drool before Santa arrives!

BTW - welcome along - post an intro so we can all find out about you :).

Bevdog
20-03-2014, 02:44 AM
Hello . I'm building one of these as well and am also a little confused about the wiring. Did the diagram mentioned above ever eventuate? Cheers.

Brendan
20-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Bevdog,
Have PM'd you via FB (sorry about the mixed message - in the end it moved pretty quick). Email me and I'll get it to you - otherwise should be available via wiring diagrams over the next few days (needs to be QA'd and uploaded first).
Welcome along and post some photos - bass player myself and there's nothing better than seeing a smokin' bass!