PDA

View Full Version : Messaging...

stan
13-12-2013, 09:05 AM
do we have , or is it possible to have a messaging system, where you can contact a member direct?

often off topic points or discussions come up that would be nice or helpful to persue, but not necessarily appropriate to carry on in the threat they started in. e.g. member X does nice decals and you want help or to have them make one etc.

I understand you dont want a buy and sell situation that rivals PBG and what it does, but sometimes it would be nice to have contact with other members.

For example I had a conversation with AJ where it appears we had a related professional past, but it wasnt really right to have a chat fest in the middle of the thread....
just a thought

adam
13-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi Stan, unfortunately, our Forum is pretty limited in what we can do. I'm sure there's much better Forum software out there, but when we started, this was our best option.

Can I suggest that if members want to communicate with other members maybe they put their Facebook address in their signature. Then you can use FB messaging and even grab another FB Friend.

stan
13-12-2013, 09:36 AM
no worries, thanks Adam, good idea, might put FB or email in

AJ
13-12-2013, 10:49 AM
good Idea :)

Gavin1393
13-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Hey Stan and Adam, you have started a revolution!

stan
14-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Ha! Na, just wanted to be able to contact some people direct on occasion. FB seems to be a good way though

keloooe
14-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Haha, next thing ya know, everyone who posted here has their FB in their sig!
I have had my page in my sig for a while, I might chuck in my personal one as well, I check both inboxes so either is fine for contacting me