PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Omaha Nebraska??? lol

03-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Just a quick note to thank you for creating heaven for me! I am excited to build and play both the ES 335 Guitar AND Bass version! Plannng to make them Identical twins.
I have a dream....

a bass AND guitar in one double neck extravaganza!

lawry
03-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi, and welcome.
Now that is going to be a very interesting build.
Gonna be watching that closely.

04-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Ha ha! I have a long way to go... that is my dream/fantasy build. Still have to do LOTS of homework. But if I can see it... I can build it. I have all my fretscale lengths charted and plotted. I know the pickup configuration, and I know I want it in a gloss blonde/natural Maple finish. Still have to learn to carve, and to bind. But it has been in my head for almost a year with no signs of going away.

Fretworn
04-12-2013, 01:48 AM
If you are serious about trying for a double neck, see if you can find this book -http://books.google.com.au/books?id=U52-zkQms7UC&pg=PA204&lpg=PA204&dq=hard+knocks+guitars&source=bl&ots=SMNB0WWUVy&sig=v_31KcVCn10cFFTqimaJJnWP8dY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Q0SdUranK4XTkQWk84GYCQ&ved=0CFYQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=hard%20knocks%20guitars&f=false
as one of things he runs through is how to kitbash two guitar kits into a doubleneck (in his case a Musicman bass kit and a EVH guitar kit). He runs through all the issues you will run into as well.

robin
04-12-2013, 03:42 AM
G'day DD and welcome to the Forums.

Can't wait to see your builds, don't forget to start a Build Diary. And good luck with your twin neck dream, that is way beyond my talents, but it sure sounds like you are approaching it with a good deal of thought, I am sure it will be awesome.

cheers
rob

stan
04-12-2013, 06:29 AM
welcome mate, be sure to document this extravaganza!!

wokkaboy
04-12-2013, 06:54 AM
yes like the others said welcome Dirty Dog and best of luck with your twin neck build. Good to have another Yank on board. I looked at the map where you are can't get much more central USA !!
Look forward to the build diary

Scott J.
04-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi DD, welcome to the "clan" ... how are the "Huskers" going? :D ... a good time of year over there to be starting an indoors project!!! (brrrr)

As the rest of the guys here will tell you, make sure you post plenty of pics and descriptions in your build diary - after all, seeing another builder's project progress is almost as satisfying as our own. There's always a ton of help here on the forum if you hit any problems.

Really looking forward to seeing you make your dream a reality - a guitar/bass twin-neck ES!!! now that's a build to be admired and envied!

04-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the immediate support and encouragement. :D This is a very rough melting of the ES Three-Thirty-franken-five
It's a project that may be out of my league... but by posting, I hope it inspires another to think it through. Robin- it is beyond my talents as well, but I dare to dream... that's a start! ;)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2lsbsl4.jpg

Dirty Dog
23-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Not sure how I endedup as "guest"... lol.
My original thought was to simply cut and mash two kits together. But that leaves me with a problem of having a "double dipped" arch top and back... :/ So for now my next step I suppose id to learn how to make the arch top and carve one or two myself before I can continue.