PDA

View Full Version : Blue Burst Advice

30-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi Guys

I have been slowly building a Telecaster style kit (Not pitbull). So far i haven't had too many issues...not that putty couldn't fix anyway!

I am about to take the plunge and do a (or attempt) blue burst using Azure Lagoon and Dark Onyx.

I have watched the video from Andy who demonstrates how to do a burst however he doesn't discuss deep coats in the vid. I imagine i would still have to use the deep coats??

Does anyone have any hints or tips for a blue burst? Easiest way to "merge" the black and blue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom :D

pablopepper
30-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Hey Tom, I've just attempted exactly what you are asking. Check my 'Pablo's IB-1' build diary.

I had a lot of trouble blending the deep colour (as in it didn't blend at all). It might be an idea to use the azure lagoon deep colour and build up a burst using the base coats on top. I am far from an expert with wudtone though, someone else might have a better idea.

One thing I recommend is have three cloths ready. One for the azure, one for the dark onyx and a dry one to blend. Try not to contaminate the colours with each other.

DanMade
01-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Hi tommy, deffinatly check out Pablo's build diary.

Here is a link to wierdbits build diary. He used Wudtone to achieve a tobacco sunburst. He goes into some detail on his method.http://www.pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=152.0