PDA

View Full Version : ES 1G Back takes shape with TWO Wudtones

Humphrey
26-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi

The back of my build has now had three coats of Columbian Gold and then three coats of Burning Sun base coat. Thought I would experiment. Hope you can see the effect of the two combined. In daylight it looks like the guitar is out of the 60's and I haven't got to do the top coats yet with ageing.

All I need is a spray can of musty smell mixed with musician perspiration and it could pass for a 63 ES 335 ( from the back anyway.

Pressing on slowly and quietly. 0000 steel wool and more costs + clean up the bindings and F holes. Very happy with it.

:D

BTW The other pix is of my sister recording at "the " Abbey Road Studios.
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/uq1j4-Back-335.jpg
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bcs68-Jill-at-Abbey-Road-November-2013.JPG

Andyport
26-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Wow Humphrey that does look great...the colour, the grain...just wonderful.

I reckon I would be grinning like that too if I was at Abbey Road.
Who are the group she is with?

Cheers
Andy

Humphrey
27-11-2013, 03:56 AM
Hi
She is with a Buckinghamshire group of "gals" who formed The Rock Choir and sing for charities around the country.
To think she is singing in the space used by the Beatles and George Martin all those years ago when EMI owned the place. I have stood on the Apple Corp roof where the Beatles made their last public performance and where George
played his Rosewood Telecaster ( now in his wife's collection and priceless )

gavinturner
27-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Looking great Humphrey! Love the way the colours bledn into one another. It's a nice burst-ish effect!

cheers,
Gav.

lawry
27-11-2013, 06:16 AM
Firstly, axe looks hot. The colours just glow.
Secondly, wow. To sit in Abbey Road studios and think of the legends that have been there would blow me away. That is so cool and I am so envious!
Just think, I am a forum buddy of someone who has sister who has recorded in the same studio as the Beatles. It's like I'm sitting there myself ;-)

Humphrey
20-12-2013, 05:25 AM
And she walked the across the pedestrian crossing outside Abbey Road !