PDA

View Full Version : Seeing your PBG build in person

Andyport
08-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Had a visit from Pitbull community member "dvous" today, the only other member I know of in my humble little home city of Port Lincoln, SA. We had pre-arranged to meet at my workshop to show off each others guitar builds. He bought along his ST build and I took both my LP and ES.
It was great to see in the flesh a guitar that I had only previously seen on "my build diary".
To meet a fellow PBG member who is as happy and passionate about his guitar build as I am was great.
His strat was truly excellent, something to be very proud of.
For all you members who perhaps live in larger cities than me, I recommend occasionally getting together to show off your wares.
It gives you a real dose of "feel good".
Great to share your passion for guitar building with a fellow PBG member...
...instead of always boring the wife! :D

lawry
08-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Good call Andy. In case anyone lives in/around Mackay in Qld, I'd like to make contact.

Scott J.
08-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Great builds AND great ideas Andy! ... you're worth more money! :D

... anyone in the "Emerald City" (Sydney) who wants to make contact, feel free to drop me a line!

stan
08-11-2013, 10:50 PM
sounds like fun Andy - I fully understand the boring the wife bit...

Tim
08-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Friendships built on a common passion is always a good thing..
I am in Bedfordale WA or outer perth

keloooe
09-11-2013, 03:46 AM
Any good ol' Melbournites, drop me a call

lawry
09-11-2013, 04:47 AM
Looks like we've got the country covered but no commonalities. Yet. It will be interesting to see who gets their guitar buddy next!

Andyport
09-11-2013, 08:14 AM
C'mon guys...Port Lincoln has a population of only 13,000 and I managed to seek out a fellow PBG member.
Mind you, the smaller the population the more you know everyones business!!

dvous
13-11-2013, 09:48 AM
When I bought my strat from PBG, I was the only person I knew of here in Pt Lincoln who knew about the Pitbull Community, so I was able to spread the word somewhat. When I was looking locally for waterslide transfer paper for my headstock decal, I called at Andy's signwriting business to see if he could help me. He tells me that visit is what prompted him to check out the PBG range and community. It seems that guitar infatuation/building/acquisition is contagious...and it's handy to know someone who can offer me some advice in a nice finish if I can ever find the time to have a go at a second build.

MetalMatt
14-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Here in WA there is a pretty healthy hotrodding community and I used to hang around the fringe of it for awhile (contemplated starting a project) but anyway, a few of the tight knit guys had what they called the Soup Kitchen - every Saturday morning for about an hour or so they'd meet for a simple hotdog on the BBQ and coffee and talk 'cars' at one of the guys workshop (same place everytime). Was a no pressure deal, it was always on/turn up if you like sort of thing and I think they chucked in a few bucks each week for sausages/rolls etc. I reckon that sort of thing could work for the guitar building community - kind of like a Luthiers' Mens' Shed ;)