PDA

View Full Version : really bad intonation

04-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi! I have just finished my 2nd pitbull. Now this guitar is very good and plays well and in tune. My problem is my first build, a TL - 1TB.
The guitar is in tune "open" also at the 12th fret. The 2nd fret is about 1/4 tone high, the 5th fret is out but comes back into tune about 9th fret.
It goes out quickly after the 12.

Having said this, if i play at the 5th fret its ok, but move to another, say 2nd, and its just not right.

Has this problem been encountered by anyone out there, if so did you fix it? I do not want to go to the expense of a new neck, but feel this may be the only way.

Hoping some one may be able to assist with my problem.

dingobass
04-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Awww man!
not good...
Can you measure the distance between each fret ( centre to centre) and send it to me at dingobass@pitbullguitars.com

Gavin1393
04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Yep DB i see you are onto this, i reckon the bridge is not in the right place!

Another thought....
Ricmo, is this a right or left handed build? We have seen right handed bridge setting on left handed guitars before.

dingobass
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Oh yeah, wot Gav said.. add the measurement from the centre of the twelfth fret to bridge as well :)
The bridge may be the problem but from what you described it sounds like funky fret placements...

04-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Great guys, I will try to get this done to day some time, but have a fair bit happening, maybe tonight. sure hope it can be worked out.

Thanks