PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Audio/Video Page

lawry
27-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Here's something I want to throw out to the community.
There must be hundreds of PBG builds out there, and we get to see a lot of them in the build diaries, but very few people have actually recorded their finished product and put it up for all to hear. I would like to see a page dedicated to HEARING the builds, be it a Youtube video or just a Soundcloud link. It'd be great to hear the guitar played cleanly (in the style the builder wants) and then through whatever amp/effects they choose to colour the sound in the way they would if playing for an audience. You can play solo, with a backing track or even live at a gig. It doesn't matter, I just want to hear the guitars.
Thoughts anyone?

adam
27-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi Lawry, I like that idea.

We've actually reached the limit of our "sub-Forums" under our Main Forum. We can create other Forums, but I think that will just make navigation harder.

I suggest we rename the sub-Forum "Videos", which hasn't been used a lot, to "Video and Audio Demonstrations" and use that for showing of completed guitars.

lawry
27-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Hi Adam. A cool plan! Thanks for your support. I'd love to hear how the builds sound.
Cheers.

Brendan
28-10-2013, 04:00 AM
Great idea Lawry. Loooking forward to hearing more PBG's.

Adam,
Maybe worthwhile streamlining some of the other Topics to give room to grow in the future.

Can you do sub topics?
If so:
Maybe put the headstock, fitting hardware, wiring, mods, setup & decal topics under "How to build your PB Guitar".

Non Pitbull and inspiration under General guitar discussion

Gavin1393
28-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Makes good sense Brendan!

GlennGP
28-10-2013, 07:17 AM
I agree. You can build a beautiful looking guitar and have it sound rubbish which is kind of odd because, to me, the function of a musical instrument is to play music - looking good is secondary. On this basis I'm willing to sacrifice looks for sound. Naturally, the holy grail is to tick both boxes, but the focus (to me) must be on sound, followed by looks. Bring on the forum, I say. This may allow me to torture you with my hack-playing. :-)

lawry
28-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Glenn, I look forward to being tortured by your playing. Your pain is my pain, brother.
But I agree with your post. They are guitars and should be heard. A blind person doesn't care what they look like but can be moved by the playing. They may even move away from it ;-)

Scott J.
28-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Top idea - a must do! Glenn's right, the sound is an instrument's "rasion d'etre" and being so happy with mine, I for one would love to hear what everyone else's axes sound like! ... though having said that I think that when it's "displayed" with my playing it will be more a case of "Oh brother! my pain's now you're pain!" :D (sorry Lawry!)

Tim
28-10-2013, 08:39 AM
does this mean I might have to learn how to play

adam
28-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Brendan, we can do two levels. At the moment we have one top level: "Pit Bull Guitars Support", with a number of sub-Forums.

We can introduce another top level, which would make sense, but how would you like it divided?

How about a "Support" forum and a "Show and Tell" forum?

What do you all think?

dingobass
28-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Good idea Adam :)

How about a Telecaster and non Telecaster forum?

adam
28-10-2013, 11:31 AM
"Guitars for Adam" and "Other Guitars"

Brendan
28-10-2013, 11:39 AM
I just went on the number of different topics under each major topic. Where there aren't many I saw that as a candidate for inclusion into a higher topic. May be a bit simplistic, but will retain the key topics for people to comment on without having to drill down too far.

stan
28-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Great idea.
Perhaps we could have a naughty corner cam as well.... hmm that doesn't read as intended

lawry
29-10-2013, 12:07 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from stan on October 27, 2013, 21:17
Great idea.
Perhaps we could have a naughty corner cam as well.... hmm that doesn't read as intended

Are you sure?