PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Minnesota

BalsaPalooza
23-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Hello everybody. Just received my JM-1. I've been playing guitar for 25 years, but this is the first time I've ever tried to build one. Hopefully I won't blow something up. Fingers crossed.

wokkaboy
23-10-2013, 05:17 AM
welcome to the forum Pete, good to have another American member. If you have been playing for 25 years you will have a good idea how to set up the guitar.
Have a good read on the forum "how to build a kit guitar" and ask lots of questions there is plenty of help here.
Start a build diary, take lots of photos and enjoy the build, and last but not least don't rush it !
best of luck

Tim
23-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Greetings to the PBG clan Pete as Wokka said look forward to your build take your time ask questions and enjoy the ride

lawry
23-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Hi Pete. Welcome indeed. I'm just about to start my second build and it is a JM-1 as well. Between the two of us we should be able to bleed the forum dry asking for assistance. Really looking forward to how your axe turns out. Cheers.

Scott J.
23-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Hi Pete, welcome to the PBG "crew"! Looks like you picked the right time of the year to start an indoor project ... winter in Minnesota! brrrrr :D

With all the assistance available from the rest of the "gang" on the forum here, you'll have a solution (or two!) for any problem you might come across. We'll all be looking forward to seeing your build diary as it progresses (don't forget to take plenty of pics!).

robin
23-10-2013, 07:34 AM
G'day Pete, and welcome to the PBG family.

Not much to add, all been said above. Just have fun mate, enjoy the build, and post lots of photos.

Cheers
rob

stan
23-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi Pete, welcome and enjoy. looking forward to your build thread