PDA

View Full Version : Tips+Hints for Butterscotch

jase
22-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Gday all. Im getting to the end of the sanding stage and thoughts are starting to turn to some Wudtone action. The plan is a DC Jnr in Butterscotch with gold highlites and aged top coat. Im after the most bold/solid color and was open to any tips+hints to attain it. Ive used a damp cloth whilst sanding to raise the grain and was planning to sand to 240 grit. Cheers!

dingobass
24-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey Jase,
The best way to attain a good depth of colour is to use the colour base un cut.
Apply coats until you get a good coverage and then if you need to lighten it, add some white base to your colour coat and keep applying.

jase
25-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks DB. Ive probably got 30 mins of sanding of 240 grit left then some color!! Photos on the way.

jase
26-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Finished the sanding,now ready for some color. One question I do have is when wudtoning the edge of body do I follow the grain exactly or length ways. I tried to check it out on the video link but couldnt access it. Cheers.

kells80aus
18-02-2014, 05:53 AM
Hi DB, on the issue of Butterscotch. I've ordered a B/S kit. The Ash strat I got today has a fascinating pattern to it(see Ash Strat Reset post in Diaries) I am wondering if I used a Black or Dark brown ink on Ash, would it work the same as Inking Maple. Or will it kill the Butterscotch? I'd like to try and bring this pattern through a bit more dramatically if I can.

Cheers PK