PDA

View Full Version : Email Spam Attack

adam
15-09-2013, 05:42 AM
It seems as we become more widely known we get targeted with more sophisticated spam attacks.

The most recent attack was a "mail subscription confirmation" blitz, where "adam@pitbullgitars.com" seemed to have signed up for every mailing list in existence. I seriously had to delete 5,000 "confirmation" emails on Thursday and another 1000 on Friday and today.

The only way I could resolve this was to set some "mailbox rules" where any email that had the word "confirm" in the subject field would go straight to trash.

So, if you need to email me, please don't put the the word "confirm" in the subject field, otherwise I won't see it.

Brendan
15-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Bugger - must have been fun cleaning it all up. Hope you've also blocked the senders.

stan
15-09-2013, 09:32 AM
block senders and their IP addresses

wokkaboy
22-09-2013, 03:12 AM
good to have the website back Adam, must have been some serious hacking ! Hope it doesn't happen again !

hope everyone in the forum is enjoying their builds !

stan
22-09-2013, 03:22 AM
yay, welcome back everyone !!!!!

AJ
22-09-2013, 04:32 AM
in support of pit bull, I got the hammer out and opened up the piggy bank coin jar.. have ordered a TL1 and some wood tone neck finish. (would of loved to have had enough in the jar to get a SG1 also.. guess I'll have to keep saving.)
Great to have it back on line . Keep up the good work Pit Bull Team.