PDA

View Full Version : Double-Cut Surprises

jase
12-09-2013, 10:15 AM
There was no surprises on Fathers Day when a card board box was given to me. I knew What I was getting.No surprise there. They started when the box was open. After breaky and out to the shed to have a look and rough mock up.. The body of the DC. No blemishes, great grain. Neck was the same and looking closer it appears the frets had a gold tinge,surprise#1. The mock up goes on and I realiise the body isnt slab its a carved top.Surprise #2. The only drama could be the p90 pick up not sitting flat on body due to the carve top. No biggie. The plan is for butterscotch body/neck with gold highlites. I ordered top coat with ageing but I do have none ageing top coat from previous builds. The head stock has been cut and sanding with 180grit finished on both neck/body. Cheers.

Brendan
12-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Jase - photos or it didn't happen ;).

stan
12-09-2013, 10:34 AM
sounds great Jase,where are the pics?!

keloooe
12-09-2013, 09:03 PM
THe gold tinge on the frets is only what happens when the frets are pressed at the factory, it will wear down to the proper nickel-silver colour fast!

jase
13-09-2013, 07:29 AM
I will try my best with the photos. Really happy with the product. Its my third build and it just gets better. More wudtone colors and extras and for me its local. Cheers.

wokkaboy
13-09-2013, 07:47 AM
look forward to the pics Jase, I think I've only seen one of these JR-1DC axes half built at DB's, possibly in conch girl, pretty sure. Being your 3rd build is it your 3rd Pit Bull kit or have you built other brand kits ?

jase
13-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Pitbull all the way. We stumbled on to the kits at the Guitar Swapmeet in May. My 13yr old son bought DBs thinline with his own money and I for $90 got ST1. As with everyone the learning curve is almost virtical. I went with wait for it "Fiesta Red" and yes it came out like K----G---BUT the neck is like butter and is fun to play. And in certain lite it looks orange. Second build was a SG for my 11yr nephew who is a mad ACDC fan and is keen to play/learn guitar. No brainer. Carmine Gypse on body/neck of cousre.Again learnt a bit more and that looks/sounds great and he cherishes it. And now the double cut. Im lucky to have worked hard and treated myself to 6/7 high end axes but when its time to make a bit of noise in the studio more often than not Im looking for the pink Strat or DBs thinline Tele to strap on. I know its not going to sound like a 5k axe but you wouldnt know from the smiles of me and my family..Cheers!!!

stan
13-09-2013, 11:09 AM
It's all about the fun, mate. Only Angus Young sounds like Angus Young

adam
13-09-2013, 11:15 AM
That's so cool Jase, I remember when I put together my first LP kit, I couldn't put it down for weeks. It was my go to guitar even though I had some pretty nice brand guitars.

Hey, I mentioned to my friend who writes for the Sunday Times that you and your son build guitars together and she thought it would make a nice photo-story. Would you be interested in this? Obviously it would be great for us, assuming we can sneak in a Pit Bull Guitars logo. If you're interested, flick me an email and I'll see if I can set it up.

jase
16-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Photos as promised.
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/lr7lc-image.jpg
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/920r8-image.jpg