PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Im new here

housecat1977
02-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi all,

Just finished a Les Paul kit i got second hand and am now looking for my next build.

Was hoping to be able to do a pair and make a Les Paul bass but am unable to find a kit anywhere. Are there any plans to bring one out?

Either way, am excited to start another one as soon as i have decided on the right kit.

Brendan
02-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Welcome along HouseCat - check with Adam - he may know of something. There are a couple of other special orders around, but I haven't heard of a LP style...

Bass Guy
02-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Welcome, housecat! You're among good people here- enjoy your new hobby/addiction.

Bass Guy
02-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Good to have another bassist on board too!

housecat1977
02-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Bass Guy, I'm more of a guitarist than a bassist but i like to thump a tune out on either pending on my mood. The bass is good for me as it helps me learn those pesky scales I should've learnt as a young guitarist!

adam
02-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Welcome Housecat. Unfortunately, our supplier doesn't do an LP style bass, but there's lots of nice basses in the range. For instance, our Forum members requested a "335" style bass, which we have ordered and should be here around October. Also, nobody has jumped at the Musicman style bass we got it last month... http://pitbullguitars.com/?product=pit-bull-guitars-mmb-4-electric-bass-guitar-kit. I really want to see someone put one of these together.

stan
02-09-2013, 08:48 AM
welcome to the forum Housecat!

Fretworn
02-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Welcome.

Tim
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Welcome Housecat to the PBG clan

Gavin1393
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on September 1, 2013, 17:34
Welcome Housecat. Unfortunately, our supplier doesn't do an LP style bass, but there's lots of nice basses in the range. For instance, our Forum members requested a "335" style bass, which we have ordered and should be here around October. Also, nobody has jumped at the Musicman style bass we got it last month... http://pitbullguitars.com/?product=pit-bull-guitars-mmb-4-electric-bass-guitar-kit. I really want to see someone put one of these together.

Hey Ad's

Send one over here and I'll put it together for you. A least that way I don't have to worry about it going missing!

Gav

Brendan
02-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Gav - I think if someone's going to put it together - it should be a bass player :)...

housecat1977
03-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I have decided on doing another LP as a gold top. Sort of as a tribute to when i started learning guitar and my love of guns n roses at the time. ( build thread to ensue once i start it)

Also, i think I have worked out how to make the LP Bass but it will require a lot more planing and a bit more skill on my behalf so that is a future housecat project

keloooe
03-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Welcome housecat, i know how damn awesome the LP-1 is as a first kit!

Bass Guy
03-09-2013, 10:53 PM

Never fear, Adam. I am eyeing one off... just waiting to get the cash together to pay off the rest I have on my list!

Timsan
23-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Also, nobody has jumped at the Musicman style bass we got it last month... http://pitbullguitars.com/?product=pit-bull-guitars-mmb-4-electric-bass-guitar-kit. I really want to see someone put one of these together.

I think I may have a crack at that one, once I've finished the LP guitar kit...
This may well be a way to fulfill my dream of having a lefty jazz bass, and a lefty Stingray!

The possibilities are opening up in front of me! I may never emerge from the shed again...