PDA

View Full Version : Wudtone update

adam
02-09-2013, 01:03 AM
We've made a few changes to the local distribution of Wudtone. Previously, Dingobass purchased, received, stored, bottled, packed and sent all Wudtone orders. You would have noticed that when you ordered a kit with Wudtone, the Wudtone was shipped separately.

Now, Wudtone is warehoused at Pit Bull Guitars HQ (my Unit in Highgate). I will be doing the bottling, gassing, packing and then delivering the product to Bones, who lives around the corner from me. I can do this every day, so we will still maintain our 24 hour turnaround on orders (in stock).

Dingobass will still be our resident Wudtone expert and be mixing custom colours and generally offering great support for the product. Bones and I will just be doing the labour, which will mean DB can focus on building body blanks, bodies and the other great services he's offering.

Now, this is all good news, because, by shipping the Wudtone with the kit, we will save a lot of money on Postage; savings that we can pass on to you guys.

Also, we're expecting a new order from Wudtone next week and we're trying a new shipping method, which we think will also save us a lot more money.

I haven't worked out what the savings will be, I need to receive the shipment and do the final costings, but I'm expecting it could be at least a few bucks per item.

Finally, unlike Wudtone.com and BYOGuitars.com, who charge separately for it, we had been including Silver and Gold Highlights in the price of our Wudtone kits, mainly because our eCommerce software didn't allow us to charge extra for "options". This meant we were losing money by giving this away when we paid extra for it.

I've now removed that option from the Wudtone kits, but you can add either of them as an extra item for $5.25.

So, in summary, if you buy a Wudtone kit with gold or silver highlights today, you will actually be paying more than you would have yesterday. However, when I do the final costing next week, I am hopeful that you will actually be paying the same or even less than what you were paying. Hope this makes sense.

wokkaboy
02-09-2013, 10:50 AM
sounds fine Adam, I rarely use up a full highlights bottle, unless you are the Pest and drink it haha
I like this idea, give DB more time to do his magic in the man cave

adam
08-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Update #2.

A couple of things we've learned in the last two weeks:

1. My involvement in this business should be more cognitive and less hands on.
2. Dingobass should be in charge of the distribution of Wudtone.

(Note: the prices may still come down, but we're still waiting for that shipment... stay tuned)
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/lpv1f-Spilled-Wudtone.jpg

Apologies to all those who received a soggy, colourful padded post bag instead of their Wudtone order while DB was away.

WeirdBits
08-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Someone call CSI, we've got a crime scene.

adam
13-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Update #3. Well, we've costed this latest shipment and I'm afraid there's really no room to bring prices down. We get a good trade discount from Andy, but the problem is that we get hammered by taxes and customs costs when the goods arrive here. I was hoping that we could get the goods directly, without going through customs, however, because they're classified as "dangerous goods" they have to be formally cleared (and that's when we get slugged). Anyhoo, I've checked both the Wudtone and BYOGuitar sites and, when you factor in the free shipping, we're still quite a bit cheaper than ordering from those sites.

WeirdBits
14-09-2013, 05:34 AM
I think the level of service supplied with your products still makes them a bargain, Adam, so don't sweat not being able to shave a bit off the prices.

wokkaboy
14-09-2013, 06:14 AM
yes agreed Scott, the wudtone prices are fine as they are now, well worth the money. The CSI picture made me laugh. Got to seal those bottles well !

adam
14-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Not naming any names Wokka, but if someone had supplied me with the correct lids, the Great Wudtone Postage Spill of 2013 would not have happened. I'm surprised we didn't get an angry phone call from Aussie Post, there were about 4 orders that leaked and they must have leaked on other post. Oh well, the Wudtone is back in safe hands now and I'm back to doing what I do best... answering emails.

wokkaboy
14-09-2013, 06:38 AM
bummer Adam, wrong size lids will cause a mess. Glad Australia post weren't too angry. Lets leave the wudtone to where it belongs on guitar/bass bodies and necks.

Scott J.
14-09-2013, 07:30 AM
(Sorry to have a laugh at your expense Adam, but ... )

hehehe, "Murder in a bag"! :D

If we're getting the product from you cheaper than we can get it from the actual Wudtone site, then there really can't be any credit paid to complaints about price ... so don't sweat it! (who actually expects prices to get cheaper these days anyway! ... but definitely the rarest of Kudos to you for trying)

... and especially as t'other Scott pointed out about service and advice - you have to go a long, long way these days to find the same level of customer support that PBG provide!

stan
14-09-2013, 08:37 AM
you get a great service that money can't buy - I'll get my wudtone from Adam every time

Gavin1393
15-09-2013, 12:31 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from stan on September 13, 2013, 17:37
you get a great service that money can't buy - I'll get my wudtone from Adam every time

Stan, you are a sucker for punishment getting your orders filled by Ad's!

May I remind you of a recent episode as reported by the great man!

Update #2.

A couple of things we've learned in the last two weeks:

1. My involvement in this business should be more cognitive and less hands on.
2. Dingobass should be in charge of the distribution of Wudtone.

(Note: the prices may still come down, but we're still waiting for that shipment... stay tuned)
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/lpv1f-Spilled-Wudtone.jpg

Apologies to all those who received a soggy, colourful padded post bag instead of their Wudtone order while DB was away.

stan
15-09-2013, 02:38 AM
ha ha true Gav, I guess I should have said, get it from PBG... A great company with good service.

As long as we keep Adam away from the actual stock, he seems to do a good job