PDA

View Full Version : Copper Shielding Kit

Rohan
28-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Hi Guys,

I tried to shield my guitar today using the PGB supplied kit but I actually ran out of tape with quite a fair amount to go. I think from memory I had 5 sheets when 6 would have been enough. And with 6 I would have been able to complete the cavity but definitely not the back of the scratch plate.

I feel like the kit, which would appeal to the beginner users more should err on the side of excess. Especially since their application technique is probably not that good/efficient. More experienced users would probably just go and buy a bulk amount anyway (which I have just had to do).

Perhaps others have some feedback on the amount they received?

Just for your consideration.

Cheers,
Rohan.

adam
28-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Hey Rohan send me an email with your address and I will send you some more tape. If the consensus is fur more tape in the pack then we can arrange that.

wokkaboy
28-08-2013, 04:47 AM
@ Adam, might pay to have two size copper shielding kits, as most 'G' type guitars have a smaller area to shield (other than the SGD twin neck) where the ST-1 has quite a large cavity to shield.
Otherwise for the cost of an extra $6.95 may pay for the builder to order 2 shielding kits if they are unsure.

@ Rohan, you may not need to shield back of the scratchplate there is already a thin shielding layer.

Fretworn
28-08-2013, 11:13 AM
You can buy copper tape in gardening supply shops, or even the garden aisle @ B*****gs. It's called snail & slug tape and it is exactly the same stuff. (Just saying....)