PDA

View Full Version : Gallery?

DanMade
25-08-2013, 11:20 PM
I've noticed we don't have a gallery to display everyone's works of art.

What does everyone think about having a new forum section for just photos. There could be a separate sub forum for each PBG kit model. Eg. A thread for SG kits, one for LP kits, another for TL's and so on.
I know I would find it usefull when selecting my next kit. It's one thing to see the kit as it comes, but seeing what the finished product can look like would be helpfully too.

Would we have each gallery limited to just photos and specs so each thread doesn't get cluttered with discussion? a seperate thread for discussion?

I just think it would be good to have a section where you can access photos for reference in one spot.

It would also give newcomers to the site somewhere to see what we do here.

stan
25-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Great idea, pics and specs only, no chat, and divided into the different kits.
Could also have another for brand name guitars

pablopepper
26-08-2013, 01:18 AM
I like this idea. Sometimes I find myself searching through build diaries to find finished kits to show someone. It can be frustrating.

adam
26-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Hey guys, ask and you shall receive. I will begin setting this up today and let you know when it's good to go. I will think about where its best placed and listen to your opinions. I agree that it should be a photo only thread, with comments disabled. Leave it with me.

Fretworn
26-08-2013, 01:46 AM
When/if possible the photos should have links to the guitar's build thread as well.

adam
26-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Sure fretworn, that could be done by the OP.

Check out this http://pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewforum&f=21.0 and let me know if this is what you had in mind.

I guess the idea is to start a new thread for every model.

adam
26-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Ok, we've got two on the go. Please feel free to add another Topic for a model that isn't featured. However, if there is a topic for your model, then please post a new thread in that topic.

DanMade
26-08-2013, 02:47 AM
Beauty. I see you have already started on it Adam. How you have it set up looks good. Thanks

adam
26-08-2013, 05:29 AM
I put a couple of DB's up just to make a start and I see a few have added to the list already. Looks good. I've already had to delete a comment (sorry Scott). Not sure how strict we should be on that. Let's see how it goes.

Scott J.
26-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Oops. sorry about that ... didn't realise it was a "pics only" thread until I read this thread! ("doh!") ... so there's a second (and maybe third) comment there from me that'll need deleting too! (double "doh!")

Great idea on the gallery ... might be inspiring for potential builders to make it more "visible" to the public - maybe a "wall" page off the main PBG-site (rather than hidden in the community) with one pic of each guitar that then links to Gallery thread entry for that axe with the other pics of it

I know when I first stumbled across the PBG site I would have liked to see what's been built by the "non-pro's" ... eventually found it in the community-section but only after searching around.

DanMade
28-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Looks like everyone was keen on the gallery idea. Nice work guys. :)

Can I suggest a "read this before posting" sticky in the gallery section to explain the use of the gallery.