i haven't built one before , i thought an opportunity to really
custom a guitar is awesome.
so , hopefully you'll all be patient with me as i'll be asking
some stupid questions!
jimmy

robin
23-08-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi Jimmy and welcome to the PBG family.

You'll find all the help you could ever need here, just take your time with the build and most importantly have fun and you will end up with a guitar to be proud of.

rob

Tim
23-08-2013, 06:03 AM
Greetings Jimmy and welcome to the Pbg clan.
Ask questions and read other build diaries this will help you alot.
Take your time enjoy the build, do a mock up build before you even start
Oh and sanding, sanding sanding and when you think you have done enough sand some more
Look forward to your build diary
Tim

wokkaboy
23-08-2013, 06:10 AM
welcome Jimmy, what a kit to start with ES-1GT, you will have plenty of questions but there are some good forum posts already such as using 5mm plastic tubing to pull pots and input jack through the F hole.
Don't over sand the cap can be thin in places
You worked out what finish and colours you will use ?

best of luck
Wokka

Scott J.
23-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Hi Jimmy,

The ES's are a lovely guitar - maybe not the easiest of builds but with all the help the guys here give out, you'll find it a really pleasurable experience ... there really is "mountain" of info on the site here (and several "mountain ranges" of info stored in the heads of the PBG community! :D ).

Don't fear asking any questions ... after all, the only "dumb" question is the one that wasn't asked!

Best of luck and really looking forward to seeing your progress in the build diary's forum.
Scott J.

djdubya
23-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Hi and welcome Jimmy,

Another noob here..

I'm probably trying an ES kit as a second build so I'll be tracking your progress with interest. And I agree with Scott - if in doubt just ask and the regulars here will no doubt have the answers.

Good luck with your build.

Dennis

stan
23-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Welcome Jimmy, the ES is a lovely looking guitar - take your time and enjoy!

gavinturner
25-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Welcome Jimmy! Looking forward to hearing about the build. The ES is a fantastic kit - I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Cheers,
Gavin.

Fretworn
26-08-2013, 01:47 AM
Welcome.