PDA

View Full Version : Gday everybody

djdubya
21-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi all!

I'm a new member from Adelaide with a TL-1 kit and Wudtone on the way.

Have been lurking around here a couple of weeks and I'm really impressed with the way you all share your knowledge and experience! I'm badly out of practice on my old Washburn acoustic but have decided that when I finish with some study in a couple of months I'll be trying to sharpen my skills again. I've always enjoyed building (and fixing) things so thought I might give a couple of kits a shot. The TL-1 seems to be a good first step before one of the ES kits later. Sanding, sanding and then sanding some more might also be a good way to break up the study routine :D

Looking forward to meeting you all and posting a build diary.

Dennis

Brendan
21-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Goodluck Dennis - yes - sanding is cathartic - just what you need after a long day's study...

robin
21-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi Dennis, and welcome.

I think I'm one of the few around here who actually does enjoy sanding lol. As Brendan said, very therapeutic. I spent hours and hours hand sanding my last build and when it came time to put the finish on it I realized that it had not been sanded enough. Disregard Dingobass' sanding mantra at your own risk. ;)

I hope you enjoy your build and look forward to seeing your build diary.

Cheers
rob

phloggy
21-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Hiya Dennis!

DanMade
22-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Hey Dennis. Yes you will get to know your work piece intimately by the time your through sanding.
Good luck with your build and I look forward to seeing your progress. :)

Fretworn
22-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Welcome Dennis.

Tim
22-08-2013, 04:17 AM
Greetings Dennis,
And welcome to the PBG family.
Yes sanding is your friend and also doing a pre mock up to be sure everything fits well.
Look forward to your first build diary
Tim

djdubya
22-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks all!
Will be keeping an eye out for the postie with my kit. No doubt I'll have to tidy the workbench and organize some cold ales and some music to keep me company in the shed!

Gavin1393
22-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Welcome Dennis...

The "How to build your Pit Bull Guitar" thread is a good place to start while you wait for your kit to arrive.

Gav

dingobass
22-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey Dennis, welcome mate!
Have fun setting up the Man Cave ready for your build 8-)

Scott J.
23-08-2013, 02:13 AM
G'day djdubya and welcome to clan,

You'll soon feel like your stuck in the desert (sand, sand and sand some more! :-D ) ... but the end is well worth the effort (you get start on your second PBG kit!)

Try to avoid mugging the postie in your excitement when he turns up with PBG box under his arm (like I did) - now he wont even step foot inside the gate ... he just stands there throws the mail at the front door!

Good luck with the build and looking forward to your build diary pics

stan
23-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Welcome Dennis!

gavinturner
25-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Welcome Dennis,
Hopefully when your addiction takes hold the study won't be completely forgotten. Looking forward to reading about your build!

Cheers,
Gavin.