PDA

View Full Version : I used to own this guitar....

Fretworn
21-08-2013, 02:12 AM
....I sold it on ebay a couple of years ago and now it's being sold again.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hohner-electric-guitar-with-hardcase-/111147459447?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item19e0e7a377#ht_419wt_1178

I had it for probably 15 years, but after I got my Tele I decided I didn't like arched top guitars.

It's weird seeing something that used to be mine on eBay. Has anyone sold a guitar and then come across it for sale again later on?

wokkaboy
21-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Fretty, how do you know this was your axe ? It's in good condition for 17+ years old
I've never come across this seeing an axe I used to own being sold again

pablopepper
21-08-2013, 03:03 AM
I still have all but three guitars I ever owned. My very first guitar, a cheap classical from the late sixties, I have no idea what happened to that, probably got chucked when my parents moved house. My first electric, a no name piece of crap, I had fun with and smashed and then set on fire for a very dodgy film clip. My first steel string acoustic fell off a chair and clean snapped the neck in two exactly three days after I bought it. Tried to fix it, was woefully unsuccessful.

Much to the dismay of my wife, I dread selling instruments. Never know what you'll regret getting rid of.

wokkaboy
21-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Pablo, is the film clip of you burning your first electric on youtube ? would be great if you could post the link. Were you having a Jimi plays Monterey moment ?

pablopepper
21-08-2013, 03:29 AM
Haha, no. I kinda wish it was, so I could see it again, but at the same time I'm sure it would be beyond cringeworthy. It was in the mid 90's, so well before youtube.

wokkaboy
21-08-2013, 03:37 AM
bummer, yes mid 90's would have probably not been a digital camera, must have been fun burning an old guitar

phloggy
21-08-2013, 04:30 AM
I've never sold a guitar. I've even got the cheapy classical guitar I got for guitar lessons in grade 3. Oh hell, that was 30 years ago. Now I'm sad.

I've sold an amp though. It was a Peavey Rage 108 and it sounded like a box of angry bees. I don't miss it.

pablopepper
21-08-2013, 04:38 AM
I've used one of those amps. Box of angry bees is a very apt description. Box of farty bees could be another.

wokkaboy
21-08-2013, 04:40 AM
haha classic that was one of my 1st amps that had distortion a Peavey Rage, after some use the clean channel sounded distorted anyway. Box of angry bees is a perfect description of the sound. Poor neighbours listening to me practice the same chords !

Fretworn
21-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote from wokkaboy on August 20, 2013, 11:21
Fretty, how do you know this was your axe ? It's in good condition for 17+ years old
I've never come across this seeing an axe I used to own being sold again

Well they weren't very common guitars. But the case proves it. I put all those stickers on that case.

This is one of three guitars I've sold on eBay. I also sold a Godin that I really like the sound and the neck, but I could cope with the floating Floyd-style whammy so I sold it for my Peavey Generation. I also sold a very old Takamine acoustic that had been through the wars with me. If it had been well looked after it probably would have been worth a lot as it was a "pre-lawsuit" era Takamine with a Martin style headstock and logo. I still sold it for a reasonable price. I've also sold an old '70s solid state Marshall combo.

I don't have the space to keep things I'm not using. I'm already working out what guitars I could sell so I could justify making more kits (if I ever get the first one up and running)

wokkaboy
21-08-2013, 08:00 AM
oh ok sure Fretty, thats 100% confidence if you recognise the stickers on the case - well picked up

pablopepper
21-08-2013, 09:14 PM
It's a really nice looking guitar. Never seen one like it before. If I didn't already have way too many guitars already, I would be seriously tempted.

phloggy
21-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I only just now looked at the pictures. I have that exact case, and until about 3 weeks ago it had 5 out of 8 of those exact stickers. Now I've got that exact case with sticky patches all over it. 80's represent!

WestSacGreenDesignGP
06-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I sold a classic Dan Armstrong Mahogany neck thru body fretless bass during a no-playing period some years ago - I STILL regret selling it - what an amazing bass. That sliding pickup was pretty flippin' cool... and the overall tone and sustain were massive. Sigh.