PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada

stevierayvannabe
20-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Hello all,

Brian from around Vancouver, BC, Canada. I've been hanging around for a while and really enjoying all the builds and videos.

I'm looking forward to getting the lp 1 kit for a Canadian winter project.

I have a Jackson now but am really excited about being able to build my own guitar.

Thanks again for all the motivation, although if this catches on my wife might not be so thrilled :?

Cheers,
Brian

gavinturner
20-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Welcome Brian! Looking forward to reading about your build too. Unfortunately, once the building bug has caught it's untreatable. Only GAS therapy has any affect on the symptoms ;).

Cheers,
Gavin.

keloooe
20-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Welcome Brian, I build an LP-1 recently,, check out all the fun I had building mine here: http://pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=126 It's a really good kit to build, tons of fun, and if finished with Wudtone and wired correctly, she sounds so beautiful!!!

Gavin is partly right there, there is no known cure for GAS or PBGKAS unfortunately... And I am diagnosed with both..

pablopepper
20-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi Brian! Great to have you aboard, I'm sure you will find building your own guitar as rewarding and habit forming as the rest of us.

I'm actually visiting Vancouver in a few weeks time, as a local muso, I'd love your opinion on some cool places/things to check out.

stevierayvannabe
20-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. Keloooe, your build was the one that I found that led me to pitbull guitars. Awesome and a great wealth of info and motivation.

Pablopepper, unfortunately I don't know much of the music scene in Vancouver. I live about 60 km outside of the city and am mostly a basement player and taking lessons right now. In the town of New Westminster there is the sunday blues review which gets good reviews. http://www.thecolumbia.ca/#SundayBluesRevue
hope this helps
Cheers

robin
20-08-2013, 09:40 PM
G'day Brian, and welcome to the PBG Family.

I hope you enjoy your build. Take your time, and ask lots of questions and you will be rewarded with a guitar that you will be very proud of. But be warned, it is VERY addictive ;).

Cheers
rob

adam
20-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey Brian, I've added Canada to our eCommerce software, so you should be able to order through the site.

Fretworn
21-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Welcome SRV.

stan
21-08-2013, 04:15 AM
Hey Brian, welcome to the addiction!

Tim
21-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the PBG family Brian.

phloggy
21-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Hi Brian!

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on August 20, 2013, 07:27
Hey Brian, I've added Canada to our eCommerce software, so you should be able to order through the site.

I had someone ask me on Reddit if you posted to Mexico the other day. I told him to email you.

phloggy
21-08-2013, 10:40 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from phloggy on August 21, 2013, 07:39
Hi Brian!

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on August 20, 2013, 07:27

I had someone ask me on Reddit if you posted to Mexico the other day. I told him to email you.

You as in Adam, not you as in Brian. I'm pretty sure Brian hasn't got much influence on posting guitars to Mexico.