PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Kisses!

MetalMatt
19-08-2013, 04:10 AM
I was lucky enough to score myself the $39 Les Paul LP-1 birthday special kit!

I was doing some work in the garden and my wife (who follows Pitbull Guitars on facebook) called out 'did you know they're selling kit's for $39 today?'

I said WTF?! Bolted through the house with dirty boots on and ordered that first kit that was for sale - then I found out later there was only one kit and I got it. Sweeet.

Thanks Adam and Crew and Happy Birthday PitBull Guitars!

PS; I think I just bought myself a $75 Strat Kit too ;)

keloooe
19-08-2013, 04:45 AM
Awww.... The Minister of Finance denied me getting one of the $75 ST-1 kits... Mind if you share? :P :D
Yeah, happy birthday PBG!!!

phloggy
19-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I had the $0.99 ST-1 in my shopping cart, but like he said on Facebook, Adam can't internet. I don't think I was the first though, so I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway. Oh well.

Gavin1393
19-08-2013, 11:59 PM
I still think that Leigh, who in her panic to be first, bought glue instead of the hidden ST-1 gets the award for making my day! :)

Fretworn
20-08-2013, 02:11 AM
I missed all the fun. I might have got away with buying another kit at those prices without having to sell another guitar first.

Rohan
20-08-2013, 02:21 AM
It was quite an exciting day actually!

Hopefully it attracted a stack of new customers to the site!

Congrats on your first year PBG and best of luck for the next one.

pablopepper
20-08-2013, 02:47 AM
Aw nuts. Seems this weekend was a bad one to be avoiding the internets. Happy 1st birthday PBG!

wokkaboy
20-08-2013, 03:48 AM
yes some great bargains yesterday, I forgot to log onto the facebook page
Happy 1st birthday Pit Bull, good to see the range of gear continues to expand !

adam
20-08-2013, 04:31 AM
Thanks everyone, that was a blast. Sorry about the 99 cent ST-1 Phloggy, the Software wouldn't let us sell it for 99 cents... like an over protective wife.

If anyone did grab a bargain, please be patient. There's only Bones doing all the packing and right now I'm too scared to even call him. He has a month's worth of orders to deal with in one day. I guess I'm not his favourite person right now.

Gavin1393
20-08-2013, 05:16 AM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on August 19, 2013, 13:31
Thanks everyone, that was a blast. Sorry about the 99 cent ST-1 Phloggy, the Software wouldn't let us sell it for 99 cents... like an over protective wife.

If anyone did grab a bargain, please be patient. There's only Bones doing all the packing and right now I'm too scared to even call him. He has a month's worth of orders to deal with in one day. I guess I'm not his favourite person right now.

I am in Vietnam for the rest of this week, so Bones can send my HB next week. That should take loads of pressure off him!

wokkaboy
20-08-2013, 05:19 AM
no worries Gav, Bones will hold back the conch girl kit and de-fret job DB had in mind, will give them both more time.
Gav I'll be in touch next week to choose a night that suits to bring the IB5 to ur man cave to buff up - cheers

Gavin1393
20-08-2013, 05:52 AM
No problem! Best to check, I may be re-fretting an HB!

dingobass
20-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Not to mention sanding a layer or three of Conch Girl......

Analyst69
20-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks for putting on a great event Adam. I am amazed that you were so generous in your celebrations.

It was a blast having a shot at buying something and really happy to have picked one of the LP kits up at the end. In terms of delivery, happy to wait as long as it takes.

Oddly enough, as much as I was trying to buy some of the cheap kits, on the cheap ST kit near the end, I thought it would have been a great opportunity for Pest and I was kinda cheering him to have a go and get it. Knowing he wanted one for his next project and that as a young'n is of limited means, would have been a great chance for him to build his Stratopester (or was it Pestocaster? although that sounds more like something finished in a basil paste green). Maybe next time.

I was already convinced Pitbull has great products (Kits, Wudtone and now necks and body blanks) and I'm certainly convinced that my future custom is best directed to Pitbull (particularly after this weekends efforts).

On the product note (no pun intended), has there been any thought as to whether you guys might try and get a deal going to on-sell the Katana or other set up tools?

Cheers

Darren

keloooe
20-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Hey Darren, the StratoPester isn't a go right now, I'm still building a ST-1, but as a gift for the Other Half, I wanted to grab one of the $75 ST-1's but the Minister for Finance denied it because of the rest of the build costs a lot!

Analyst69
20-08-2013, 12:06 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from keloooe on August 19, 2013, 20:45
Hey Darren, the StratoPester isn't a go right now, I'm still building a ST-1, but as a gift for the Other Half, I wanted to grab one of the $75 ST-1's but the Minister for Finance denied it because of the rest of the build costs a lot!

Aaah. No worries.

Them Ministers of Finance can be pretty tough to get past (although, luckily for me, mine has the misguided belief you save money by buying stuff on sale, which gives me carte blanche approval for anything discounted :)).

Cheers

keloooe
20-08-2013, 01:13 PM
i tried to talk her into letting me get it... Didn't work at all.....

DanMade
21-08-2013, 12:04 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from keloooe on August 19, 2013, 20:45

That's one way to impress the ladies. How many teenage girls can say their boyfriend built them a guitar.

keloooe
21-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Yeah Dan, best part is she moved here from Texas, so I'm painting the Texas flag on it!