PDA

View Full Version : Whats In The Box?

adam
08-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Hi good people,

This thread is all about what you would like to see in the box when you get your next kit.

Some obvious ones:

A Quick Start Guide (which we are working on)
List of parts (we will need some help with these)
Wiring Diagram (again, we might need some groop involvement to work out the "best" wiring for each kit)

Can you think of anything else that should be in the box? I'm particularly interested in what newbies will need, so as not to be too daunted.

DanMade
08-08-2013, 05:04 AM
A sticker that say's " Sand it some more".

It seems to be a common mistake to not sand enough on your first kit. I know I made that mistake. Even after I sanded mine way more than I thought was nessasary, it still had some minor scratches.

I think some thing to really stress the fact how much you need to sand would be good. Especially if using Wudtone or a clear finish.

keloooe
08-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Adam, for the diagrams, try StewMac or Guitar Electronics, I used GE for my LP and its fine

wokkaboy
08-08-2013, 05:12 AM
great idea Adam to ask the forum builders what other things they need. As I've already built a heap of kits all I am interested in is wiring diagrams. I'm happy to forward you the collection of diagrams of most of the models I have built. For new builders I would definitely recommend a quick starters guide and a parts list so the builder knows where each part goes as normally there are at least 3 different size of screws.
Dan I think you have learnt your lesson with sanding and anyone who reads this forum will be well up to speed on DB's sanding mantra !

Brendan
08-08-2013, 09:39 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from DanMade on August 7, 2013, 14:04
A sticker that say's " Sand it some more".

I'd go with this one and one that says don't drop me... :D

adam
08-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks Guys, I like the idea of a large sticker on the front of the box that says, "Sand, sand, sand and sand. When you think you're done sanding, sand again - Dingobass".

On wiring diagrams, I don't want to pinch someone else's, so it would be nice to have our own. Then we can put our own branding on it.

Anyone know any CAD artists who would like to make a little cash? If so, send me some of your work and we'll come to an arrangement.

I'll leave this up for a while and see what other ideas we get.