PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions from the PBG Community!!!

Benj
03-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Hi all,

OK to cut a long story short, our band has just been confirmed to play at the 2013 Inseminators Bachelors and Spinsters Ball, Live at the Hay Shed on October 12.

The biggest news about this is that we will be opening for a familiar name around these parts, the one and only Eskimo Joe!

We got this news today and are over the moon to meet some really successful West Aussie musicians, share a backstage with them and I will hopefully get to check some of their gear!

What I’m proposing here is some free advertising for PBG. I’d like to make my next build for the B&S ball and play it on stage, donned in my PBG shirt and I could even hand out some cards etc.

What I’d like from the Pitbull Community is some suggestions on what to build, finishes etc.

Things to consider:
• We play a range of covers from Classic Rock to Modern Pop, so it needs to be versatile,
• I’m a novice guitar builder, only completed 2 so far, but the single humbucker ST-1 performed amazingly on stage at our last gig. Having said that, I probably wont go into bursts or complex wiring yet (although I may outsource the electronics).
• I want something different to what I have already, and am leaning towards a Tele style. I have a couple of strat-esque guitars, a couple of Ibanez’s (S and RG), an LPJunior, the PGB-1 (nearly done) and a Semi-Hollow humbucker equipped tele copy.

I’m thinking of doing a turquoise-ish tele with a really aged amber maple neck, but I could be convinced into a PRS or maybe something crazy like an Iceman or Firebird.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and suggestions guys.

Cheers

Benj - Rhythm Guitars for Easy Operator

http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/c60z5-Kellerberrin-BS-Ball-Poster.jpg

tcjbrown
03-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Tele with two single coil sized humbuckers?
You could add splitting if you felt comfortable wiring it, but
it would be a pretty versatile axe regardless of whether or not it had splitting if you put the right pups into it. You can get single coil sized humbuckers from
guitarfetish for something like $30 each, and they sound great imo, used them
in a strat rewire last year.

Gavin1393
03-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Telecaster, but you may not be able to hold onto it if it turns out too well. golden age pickups from StewMac will finish it beautifully. Dairy Blonde finish will make it a classic! Took mine to a mate at one of the music stores and he felt it played like a $2000 Tele.....

Benj
03-08-2013, 07:25 AM
So you reckon a classic TL1 kit with dairy blonde? Should I go colourless for the neck then?

Also, I will probably go for some single size HB's from Guitarfetish, so that I can split them... Or maybe go esquire? Guitarfetish do sell the single pickguards........ Dairy blonde esquire with coil tapping?

Tim
03-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Love the Hay shed . what an awesome venue..I know Pete mitch from Full Noise and the property owner of The Hayshed...

dvous
03-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Is it just me, or did someone have an inspired moment offer the naming rights for the gig.

I would expect that there may be some inseminating occurring in conjunction with any B & S Ball....

adam
03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Congrats on the big gig Ben. I can send you some business cards and maybe a couple of shirts if you want to give them out in the crowd. As for the build, go for the Tele, we've got so many to choose from. I've seen some amazing results from the standard TL-1, then there's the 60's styled 2 humbucker TL-1TH and the Bigsby style trem on the TL-1TB. All of these are in stock. If you order one of these we'll throw in some shirts, stickers and business cards. This goes for anyone else who gets a big gig and want to help spread the gospel of Pit Bull Guitars.

Brendan
03-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Love the idea of a Tele - maybe TL1-HA??? Otherwise, looking at a couple of Ricky's (DB's and Gav's), they can look pretty darn good...

DanMade
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Congrats on the gig. You should hit MuffBuffer69 up for the plans of one of his Flamin' Blade SG's.

Well that's if you really want to make a statement.
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/a3151-image.jpg

dingobass
03-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I am with Gav. Go for any of the Tele models but forget GFS as they really are not any better than the pups supplied with the kit! Spend a few more dollars and get a set of Golden Age from stewmac or you could try out Tone Riders from www.guitarparts.co.nz
Rock on at the Shed!

dingobass
03-08-2013, 01:33 PM
BTW, as you are keen to promote PBG, I am willing to do a full set up on your axe on the house neck set up, bone nut, electrics..... (Adam may well kill me for this but what the heck?) :)
Look after us and we will look after you!

Gavin1393
03-08-2013, 03:05 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on August 2, 2013, 22:33
BTW, as you are keen to promote PBG, I am willing to do a full set up on your axe on the house neck set up, bone nut, electrics..... (Adam may well kill me for this but what the heck?) :)
Look after us and we will look after you!
DB, While you are setting up that axe on the house would you mind particularly removing that router bit from my roof......