PDA

View Full Version : First time-er

bergstrom.mike
24-07-2013, 04:02 PM
I have been hemming and hawing for days, asked questions and then bang! Made my first kit purchase.

Ordered the HB-4 Beatle Bass. Dingobass was great in answering my questions, I thought about fretless-izing it, but for a first time ( ever ), I figure I will just do it up normally. Going with Azure Lagoon, possibly with some kind of AL dark/lighter burst. Deciding on the aged vintage yellow or non-aged yellow for the neck. I hope to do the front of the headstock with the AL.

Since I haven't soldered since middle school, that will be interesting, I know little about that side of things.

When it arrives, I will start posting pictures as I progress.

My second kit will likely be the J-Bass - probably fretless with Amaranthine. I chose the harder to build one first, of course, because I didn't want the fretless before the fretted one. However, if I do a good build of the HB-4, maybe I will do another of those, fretless. Hmmm.

Wait, maybe I should be sure that I can manage this one first.

Cheers

Mike Bergstrom
Massachusetts, USA

WeirdBits
24-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Welcome Mike, and good luck with your first build.

There's always lots of help available here on the forum, so don't be afraid to ask questions (good to see you've started already)... although there may be a delay with some answers given the time difference.

Gavin1393
24-07-2013, 10:11 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from WeirdBits on July 24, 2013, 02:18
There's always lots of help available here on the forum, so don't be afraid to ask questions (good to see you've started already)... although there may be a delay with some answers given the time difference.

Nah! Some of us NEVER sleep!

Welcome to the forum Mike

wokkaboy
24-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forum family Mike, good to see another builder from the US, and looks like another bass head. You will have to wait longer for delivery but it will be worth it, DingoBass's HB-4 fretless turned out fantastic.
Good choice of colours azure lagoon is a very cool colour

good luck and look forward to your build diary !

Fretworn
25-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Welcome.

robin
25-07-2013, 08:41 AM
G'day Mike.

Welcome to the PitBull family. Get ready or some good old Aussie humour, and all the help you can handle.

Cheers
rob

Brendan
25-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Welcome along. Great to see more basses getting out there!