PDA

View Full Version : Website Issues

adam
20-07-2013, 03:15 AM
Not sure if you people have noticed, but our site has been slow and even timing out for the past week or two. Our Host has now found the problem and fixed it, so things should be running a lot smoother now. Sorry if this was causing you any frustration.

If anyone does get a time out notice or "Service Unavailable" message, or any other site problems, please email me - adam@pitbullguitars.com.

keloooe
20-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Yeah, I've been getting that message as well a lot

Rohan
20-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Thanks Adam.

Yes, I was getting timeouts and what I am guessing was website resets all the time. Will report if anything seems amiss.

20-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Hi Adam

That's the best news I had for some time, just thought my computer was slow.

wokkaboy
20-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Hi Adam,
yes my page has been timing out last week or 2 a bit but assumed it was the problem - too much traffic. Must be Pest's fault spending too much time on the forum ! haha just kidding Pest !

keloooe
20-07-2013, 05:37 AM
hahahahaha!!! I actually don't spend that much time on the forum, yet I rack up all the posts

wokkaboy
20-07-2013, 05:40 AM
yer well done Pest think you have 2nd highest number of posts, I just noticed I have overtaken Adam (514), me 528 so I could be 4th highest poster ! Would be Gav #1 and DB 3rd at a guess

keloooe
20-07-2013, 05:48 AM
yeah, DB has passed the 1k mark as well!!!
Welcome to the club DB!!!

Gavin1393
20-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Pest, DB and I have no lives sadly! ;)

phloggy
20-07-2013, 06:02 AM
I just now got a "NO DATA RECEIVED" message using Chrome. Refreshed and it went away, but that's how I normally deal with these things anyway.

20-07-2013, 01:13 PM
yes been a little bit off a pain in my *%^& ,, uploading pics was taking foreva ,, had to try like 10 times ,, but got them there ,, and I'm sure it not my mac !!!!

WeirdBits
22-07-2013, 05:09 AM
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I think the site Host may still have some work to do, as the above message is continuing to show up a few times each day (at different times).

C'mon Pest, admit it, it's your fault from hitting the refresh button all the time! Adam, it may be time to upgrade to a 'Pest capacity' server.

keloooe
22-07-2013, 05:20 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!! *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* :P :D

adam
23-07-2013, 05:29 AM
UPDATE: There is clearly still a problem, although it is intermittent. Our Host advises that we're getting a huge number of hits (almost 7,000 a day), but only about 500 Visitors a day. This suggests that our site is being targetted by bots or someone is targetting our site for some reason. We're working with the Host to resolve the issue but yes, if it does time our just refresh and you shoud get in. I will advise when its all been sorted.

phloggy
23-07-2013, 05:57 AM
ALERT! Nerd talk incoming!

It all depends on what they mean by "hits". If they're counting a "hit" as a request from a browser, then 7000 a day from 500 unique visitors isn't enough. That's only 14 per visitor. When you consider that pretty much everything on a page depends on a "hit" to your servers, that's barely enough to draw a single page (assuming the browser's able to cache everything properly. Judging by the speeds the images on the forum are displaying I'm going to assume that that's not the case). Even if everything is cached up nicely I know I'd probably hit the site more than 14 times a day just checking in.

If they're using "hit" in another context, then disregard the above.

I'm not sure this helped at all, but I've typed it out now, so I'm going to submit it. Beats doing proper work.

Gavin1393
23-07-2013, 06:09 AM
100 Posts Phloggy! Becoming an addict for sure. Agree with what you are saying. Definitely something wrong!

adam
23-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Thanks Phloggy, it's actually around 65,000 a day... sorry, I messed that up. They've suggested we pay a lot more and upgrade to a VPS. I'm not even sure what this is (my Brother's our "Webmaster").

phloggy
23-07-2013, 06:46 AM
That's different. That's around 130 hits per user, which is more acceptable. Still, 500 users can't be considered excessive. I can't actually do anything to help, so I might just go away and let you and your brother sort it out.

Although while you're looking, Adam, could you hop over to my PRS-1S thread and give me your thoughts? :)

adam
23-07-2013, 07:01 AM
No worries Phloggy. I think we're close to working it out. Ok, I'll check out your PRS thread.

adam
25-07-2013, 02:00 AM
UPDATE #2

Ok, we think we've got it now. We've upgraded to a Virtual Private Server with plenty of memory, so things should run a lot smoother. Give it a few hours to tranfer over, but if anyone feels like doing a dummy order to see how she runs, please go for it. Just be sure to empty your shopping cart before you go.