PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion when posting images

WeirdBits
17-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Just a general suggestion to members when posting pics, particularly of newly arrived kits:

Make sure no address labels or other documents are visible/readable in the image.

I've noticed in a few recently posted pictures that the name, address and sometimes even email and phone number of the package's recipient were visible and readable in the image, which could lead to problems. So, as a precaution, I'd suggest double checking that you're not potentially exposing personal info in an image before you post it (including objects in the background). It's not only members who read this forum, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Gavin1393
17-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Further to this warning, especially if you have a Tele in the picture...actually you are screwed either way unless you direct Phil to send your kit to a temporary location and from there move it to somewhere more secure. The Tele-napper knows your delivery address regardless! :)

Sorry for my jest, but I couldn't resist - but you make a very good point Scott! Probably also wise to make sure you are fully clothed when taking your shots too - we don't want any naked reflections in the Chrome-ware!

rhay
19-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Good point Scott.

Now time for a quick scan of my box-shots to see if I am an "offender". However I make no apologies for the naked reflection pics.

rhay
19-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Yep, sure enough I'm one.

Although good luck to anyone who goes to the location disclosed looking for guitars - that's my old work address.