PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Switches

keloooe
13-07-2013, 04:23 AM
hey guys, I am thinking of replacing the switch in my LP with a rotary switch when I get the cahs ro re-wire it, but there's no 3-way switch I can use! My tastes in music mean that sometimes i need to go from volume at 1 all the way to 10 then back again, and if I'm singing (which I can't do) or if I'm slow at backing it off (which I am) then I can't get it down in time, which means that I need to have the neck pickup backed off and quickly flick my hand up (which I can do!), and I can also do that on a rotary switch as well!

So are there any good quality rotary switches that are 3-way and can you please explain the lug formation??

Cheers,
Pest

Gavin1393
13-07-2013, 05:12 AM
No. :)

You will need to research what you want to do. Too many variables....

wokkaboy
13-07-2013, 05:18 AM
hey Pest,
yes Gav is right you will have to search on the web. No idea what they cost but maybe a volume foot pedal would be easy to adjust the volume. I never have to worry my volume never leaves 10 !

Fretworn
13-07-2013, 05:44 AM
The simple answer to your question is, yes, you can get a three position rotary switch, as I have one instead of a tone control in my Profile Tele.

keloooe
13-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I know there are some guitar rotary switches that are 3-way, Maton use them, so do Epiphone on the EB-3 bass!
Gav, I'll be doing some "homework" tomorrow when my laptop runs faster