PDA

View Full Version : Help with IB-5 Wiring

robin
11-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Hi Guys, I wonder if anybody can help me out.

I'm up to the wiring stage of my IB-5 build. But I am having problems finding a circuit diagram for:

2 Humbuckers, 2 Volume and 2 Tone, no switch.

Heaps on the Net for above with 3 or 5 way switches but can't find anything with NO switch.

Any help appreciated.

thanks
rob

Brendan
11-07-2013, 11:19 AM
How about this one:

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/ultrajazz2v2t.pdf

No idea about wiring, but they seem to have the right number of parts...

dingobass
11-07-2013, 11:40 AM
www.guitarelectronics.com

robin
11-07-2013, 12:22 PM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from Brendan on July 10, 2013, 20:19
How about this one:

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/ultrajazz2v2t.pdf

No idea about wiring, but they seem to have the right number of parts...

Thanks for the speedy reply Brendan, I don't know how I missed that one.

Cheers mate,
rob

Brendan
11-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Dunno, but the ultra jazz didn't help - guess cause I don't know better I can just kept clicking and counting... Advantage of being a newbie!

robin
11-07-2013, 12:32 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on July 10, 2013, 20:40
www.guitarelectronics.com

Thanks Phil, had a look there and Seymour Duncan, but they were the sites that only have w/ switch. However, there's a better than average chance that I missed something. Thanks for the speedy reply mate.

cheers
rob

Fretworn
12-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Isn't it, essentially, two separate single pickup/single volume/ single tone circuits that meet at the output jack?

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WD1H11_00/Guitar-Wiring-Diagram-1-Humbucker1-Volume1-Tone.html

Gavin1393
12-07-2013, 03:41 AM
Hi Robin

Brendan's earlier wiring post is spot on. The respective hot-wires of the pickups with be soldered to the center lug on the volume pots. To subsequently bleed tone the center lug is then soldered to the center lug of each of the Tone Pots with the .47 or .22 capacitors being soldered in turn to the lugs as shown and bled away to ground.

Each of the volume pots are grounded together with the ground wire from the pick ups to the back of the volume pots. These in turn should be grounded to each other by a wire (which isn't shown in Brendan's diagram possibly because the expectation is that the chamber has been insulated with copper and that this has in effect grounded the two pots anyway.

To get the sound OUT of the pots and to the output Jack the Neck OUT Volume Lug is connected (in series) to the Bridge OUT volume Lug which in turn is connected to the Hot Lug of the Output Jack.

Hope this helps!

robin
12-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks Geoff and Gavin, I must admit that I do flounder a bit when it comes to wiring up these beasts. I have got so much go learn. But that's one of the bonuses of building these kits, learning new skills.

Thanks again to all that helped. Gotta love this community.

Cheers
rob