PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational local talent

glenno3228
21-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi folks,

Thought I'd kick off a thread on local (Australian) talent. There are so many great guitarists out there trying to eek out a living its the least we can do as fanatics, guitar traffics etc, to give them a boost. I'd like to open the account with a couple of very local guitar heroes of mine, in chronological order (order I saw them).

Geoff Achison (Acho)

www.geoffachison.com

I first heard of Acho listening to ABC one evening in the man cave. He played a couple of songs live and I thought "wow, I've got to see him live"! Gig announced at the end of the program at Olinda hall, and the rest as they say is history. Check him out if he's in your part of our fair continent.

Lloyd Spiegel

www.lloydspiegel.com

Funny how you get on to local gigs. My wife works with a struggling yet talented muso, jason, and he came around one day for a jam. One thing lead to another and we got to talking about Acho. Jason noticed the licks and put 2 and 2 together. Lloyd and Acho used to play together and some of the licks are similar. I've since seen both these guys play at a small gig in Geelong and it was sensational.

Anyway. That's the opener. Check them out if you get the chance. At least check out their sites.

Cheers
Glenno

Brendan
21-06-2013, 10:36 AM
How about Andrew Winton - http://andrewwinton.com/. Good bloke to boot!

adam
21-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Great idea for a thread Glenn.

Bass Guy
21-06-2013, 11:14 AM
I would posit Sandro Ghiotto, who is a cross between Satriani and Fripp. Plays in a Perth band Chaos Engine.

Plus he's a lovely chap.