PDA

View Full Version : Gday from WA!

MetalMatt
11-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi all, brand new Pitbull Guitars user here! Had been daydreaming for many years about building my own custom guitars but in reality wouldn't have known were to start with neck building and the other intricacies etc. I had seen the numerous kits on ebay and thought yeah I'll probably get one of them one day to get me started. Anyway, when I was searching around on the internet I came across this fabulous company called Pitbull Guitars who were not only local, but as it turns out had a bloody awesome forum with a lot of support/videos for us first timers. So I saved up the necessary cash and put in my order for my first Pitbull kit and here I am!

As my username suggests, my name is Matt and I am heavily into metal music, 38 years old now and have been into metal since I discovered Metallica, Slayer, Sepultura, Testament, Pantera and Machine Head as a young teenager - after that, no other kind of music mattered. These days I'm a massive fan of bands like Fear Factory, Meshuggah, Decapitated, Amon Amarth, Municipal Waste, Gojira, Soilwork and Evile and as you could imagine, 'metal' guitars like Jackson V's and Ibanez RGs (I own an Ibanez RGA7 7 string) are the main guitars on my radar, however I love all guitars and appreciate the classics like Fenders and Gibsons et al. Infact that's what has drawn me to the Pitbull kits - a great range of classic models at pretty affordable prices.

So with that in mind the first kit I have ordered is a TL-1 Telecaster as it's a guitar I wouldn't normally buy if I 'came across $1500 and was forced to buy a new guitar' so I figured why not go for a Tele! It also seemed like a pretty basic kit for a first timer to get their head around. I'll start a build thread in the next couple of days.

Anyway, I hope this is the start of something bigger in the future - I'd like to build my own guitars under my own brandname one day (hey we all have to dream! ;) ) but small steps for now - just want to have some fun.

Cheers for now
Matt

Gavin1393
11-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt! You will recieve warnings about Tele's and our erstwhile captain of this ship. Stay clear of thee Bermuda triangle around the Highgate area, Tele's seem to disappear there.and resurface on a hanging wall.
Enjoy the forum, enjoy your build!

keloooe
11-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Hey Matt, welcome to the forums!!! To add on to Gavin's comment, also stay away from building the LP-1, LP-1S, LP-1P, ES-1G and the ES-1GT or I will steal it!!!

Brendan
11-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Quote from keloooe on June 11, 2013, 06:00
Hey Matt, welcome to the forums!!! To add on to Gavin's comment, also stay away from building the LP-1, LP-1S, LP-1P, ES-1G and the ES-1GT or I will steal it!!!
Luckily for us, there's a rabbit proof fence to keep Pests out of WA, so any LP'S / ES' should be safe, though there are rumours of a dingo who likes basses....

Welcome aboard, there's a couple of other metal heads around, so you're in good company.

wokkaboy
11-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt,
good choice to start with a TL-1 kit. Presume you are another Perth-ite ?
any questions direct to the forum will be too happy to help you out and start a build diary with some photos of build progress
Have you decided what finish/paint to use ?

Fretworn
12-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Welcome.

MetalMatt
12-06-2013, 12:18 PM
thanks for the welcome fellas. Yep I'm from Perth, SOR Canning Vale area. I have lurked here on the forums for a month or 2 and taken in all the tips and the banter between a few of the members so I'm aware of the 'Captain's' lust for Teles and his endless supply of guitar wall hangers at the ready..

I have chosen the Cherry Flamenco with silver highlights, extra gloss/no aging for the finish. I've already applied the first deep base coat so I will try and get a build diary happening late tonight/early morning after I've finished working on it a bit more.

brett40
12-06-2013, 12:22 PM
welcome to the nut house

dingobass
12-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the Family Matt...
Yep, beware of the Phantom Tele Napper, I have lost count of how many builds I have done that have somehow mysteriously ended up hanging on that wall..... Oh well, Enjoy the build and try to avoid having your Tele dissapear! :)

keloooe
12-06-2013, 08:58 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on June 11, 2013, 21:42
Welcome to the Family Matt...
Yep, beware of the Phantom Tele Napper, I have lost count of how many builds I have done that have somehow mysteriously ended up hanging on that wall..... Oh well, Enjoy the build and try to avoid having your Tele dissapear! :)

Watch out DB, I still am yet to steal ur LP's!!!!

maxaxe
16-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Greetings fellow 'groper

Yeah, the TL-1 kits are spot on.
The cherry flamenco is going on beautifully.
Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Cheers

Max

5150VH
19-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Welcome fellow Metalhead...

Great site, great people, fantastic guitar kits all this with awesome feedback and helpful hints.

cant wait to see your TL-1

the 5150VH boys..