PDA

View Full Version : tunes

brett40
04-06-2013, 01:20 PM
ok we have topic's on movies and books . what about some tunes? bob dylan to green day ,carl perkins to vah halen. the beatles to aerosmith, blues,country, folk and rock . flowers to big hair . so many to choose from. what are your favorite go to songs that make you wanna play?

Bass Guy
04-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Anything by Mark Knopfler, Queen, Iron Maiden r Steely Dan will get my hands itching...

brett40
04-06-2013, 01:40 PM
free bird /lynyrd skynyrd... still got the blues/gary moore.. and little wing/vai.satch,petrucci

Brendan
04-06-2013, 02:59 PM
At the moment - the Hunters (esp Holy Grail) to Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band (Clap Your Hands) and Sting (Moon over Bourbon Street), though depending on the mood - pretty much anything decent with a good bass line...

Fretworn
05-06-2013, 02:24 AM
My musical tastes (and my music collection)is large and varied. I can jump from Porcupine Tree to Luther Allison to Van Halen to Dizzy Gillepie to Chris Whitley to Terem Quartet to Salif Keita with ease. About the only musical styles that don't get a run are opera and country music neither of which float my boat.

keloooe
05-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Mainly Green Day, some Linkin Park, Foxboro Hot Tubs (GD's side project!), The Offspring, Foo Fighters, etc...
But my music collection is full of Green Day

robin
05-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Constantly changing, but right now, can't get enough of Joe Bonamassa. Almost anything from his live DVD's Beacon Theatre and Royal Albert Hall. All up probably over 4 hours of faultless live guitarness. Sublime.

rob

wokkaboy
05-06-2013, 06:04 AM
Quote from robin on June 4, 2013, 14:39
Constantly changing, but right now, can't get enough of Joe Bonamassa. Almost anything from his live DVD's Beacon Theatre and Royal Albert Hall. All up probably over 4 hours of faultless live guitarness. Sublime.

rob

yer Rob I must agree I've been watching fair bit of Bonamassa on youtube while in the workshop, he is amazing and saw him play live last year was a great concert.
If you like guitar shredding check out Chickenfoot - 2 members from Van Halen, Satriani on guitar and the Chilli Peppers drummer
Too many good bands I like to list, but mainly anything rock or blues from mid 60's to present I like.

Fretworn
05-06-2013, 08:59 AM
I didn't like Bonamassa at first, partly because he was promoted as the the next great Blues guitarist. But after listening to some of his later stuff, and coming to the realisation (mostly through Black Country Communion) that he's not the next BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan or Albert Collins, but rather that he like Gary Moore - a rock guitarist with a strong blues upbringing that I've been able to to start liking his playing.

I think the fact that he has matured a lot musically has helped as well.