PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Nick

nickwilliams01
04-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi everyone,
I couldn't resist the urge to join and purchase one of these kits any longer. A few days ago I bought a TL-1A kit and I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival. I've been playing for a number of years but this will be my first experience with putting a guitar together so it should be interesting to see how everything turns out. Looking forward to keeping everyone posted with how things go!

adam
04-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Hey Welcome Nick.

We received your order on Friday, so it should be in the post tomorrow (it's a holiday here today). You should have it by Thursday or Friday (fingers crossed).

Please note the Wudtone is shipped separately as it has to be mixed, bottled and gassed by our resident Wudtone expert, Dingo Bass. It usually arrives within a couple of days of the kit... plenty of time to start sanding the kit.

Looking forward to seeing your build.

keloooe
04-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi Nick, welcome to the forums!!!! We have a massive community here, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

We would love it if you finished your kit in Wudtone, it is a very beautiful finish that highlights the grain features of the wood, plus, the coats are very thin and it soaks into the wood, so there's no dull tone you get from a Gibson or a Fender!!!!

Best to setup a build diary in the "My Build Diary" sub-forum and post updates to your build there, so we can give advice and feedback, and so we can see how you are going!!!

adam
04-06-2013, 07:18 AM
We're going to have to start putting you on commission soon, Pest.

keloooe
04-06-2013, 07:25 AM
hehehe... sneaky/cheeky Pest... :P :D

adam
04-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Not sure how Fender or Gibson would feel about your comment "there's no dull tone you get from a Gibson or a Fender!!!!" but I appreciate the sentiment.

brett40
04-06-2013, 07:43 AM
hi nick as a first time builder myself i have found the forums a god send for any help that i have needed so far.if you have a question no matter how small just post and help will come along very quickly, there is a huge amount of talented builders here, just look at some past build diary's

keloooe
04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote from adam on June 3, 2013, 16:37
Not sure how Fender or Gibson would feel about your comment "there's no dull tone you get from a Gibson or a Fender!!!!" but I appreciate the sentiment.
Haha, yeah, but I forgot many others like Maton, Rickenbacker, Epiphone, PRS, Ibanez, Taylor, Martin, etc ... Better not say much more or else I won't get a custom Axe from Maton!!!!!!

rhay
04-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Hey Nick.

You're in the right spot for good advice and excellent support.

I have just begun my 2nd kit - the first was excellent and I think this next one will be too.

Don't worry about the Wudtone Police. The results people are getting using this product are certainly very impressive, but not all of us will give you a hard-time if go a different way.

Although (in my opinion) they are certainly right about "light" finishes effecting the tone. And once the Butterscotch is available I will have a crack myself! (link to Butterscotch example below)

http://pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=339.0

dingobass
04-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi Nick,

Welcome to the Family.
Our resident Pest (Kelooie) has pretty much said all that needs to said apart from one thing.. Take the build nice and slow, do a mock up build before you start sanding the body to make sure everything fits (there is an excellent how to thread by the Gavmeister and myself that will give you a good place to start).
Then San, sand, sand and sa...... i will shut up now (you will soon learn that I am a sanding nazi :) )

Good luck, have fun and don't hesitate to ask for help or advice if you need it!

Rhay, only a few more sleeps and the Butterscotch will be available....

rhay
04-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Butterscotch, Butterscotch, Butterscotch, Butterscotch, BUTTERSCOTCH!!

Cheers DB, I'll order the TL-1 it's going on next month.

Gavin1393
04-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote from adam on June 3, 2013, 16:18
We're going to have to start putting you on commission soon, Pest.

...as long as he gets the same deal as me, Adam.

adam
04-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Gav, I think I owe you my first born child... and there can only be one of those.

dingobass
04-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Do you think that Gav would settle for a Pink fretless Beatle Bass? :)

Gavin1393
04-06-2013, 10:17 AM
At least I wouldn't have to clothe, feed and educate the Pink Beatle Bass!

rhay
04-06-2013, 10:20 AM
I haven't seen said bass, but I'm suggesting it might need to be clothed.....

nickwilliams01
20-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi guys!
So sorry for the late reply I'm doing midyear exams at the moment so things have been pretty hectic. I have to say though thanks to everyone for their warm welcomes I'm loving it! This is the first time I've checked the thread in a few weeks (obviously)and I thought I'd mention that the kit hasn't arrived yet :/ I've got the wudtone all safe and sound but no sign of the actual kit. is this cause for concern or am I getting worried over nothing? Hopefully all is well and I will be able to start working on that tele in no time.
Cheers guys!

dingobass
20-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi Nick,
I believe that we are still waiting for these kits to arrive from our supplier.
If you send an email to Adam he will be able to confirm.

nickwilliams01
20-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Okay thanks dingobass I'll get onto that now

Gavin1393
20-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Always a good thing to check the "Available on Backorder" notification when ordering! :)

I have also almost made this mistake!

adam
21-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Yeah, sorry Nick if I misled you earlier in this thread, I actually thought we had some of those in stock at the time you ordered.

Anyway, the good news is they're due soon. The ship will dock around the end of June and we should have it in our hands in the first week of July (barring any customs/port/quarantine delays).

nickwilliams01
21-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Don't stress Adam, I knew they were on back order and would take a while, but after your post I thought I would just confirm. So no harm done and thanks for filling me in with everything as well.

5150VH
22-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Welcome Nick

As you can see from the thread, Awesome people, great advice and never a dull moment for great ideas head to the my build pages and check out some of the amazing builds people have going...

These fantastic guitar kits from Adam are close to an addiction lol...