PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

bsbozzy
18-05-2013, 04:17 AM
Hi All,

I thought I would drop in and say hi! Some awesome kits of which I hope to buy a few and of course some awesome looking builds.

I am about to throw down some hard earned for a LP-1M (late birthday present for myself!) which hopefully wont take too long to arrive. I am leaning towards to Azure Sky/Lagoon wudtone kit with silver highlight to go with it, was wondering if anyone has any pics of an Azure Sky finished kit? I cant find one and I have looked on a few sites, any info would be great! I am also tossing up satin vs gloss, any help would be great! That's pretty much the last thing holding me back from making the purchase.

Cheers

Brett

AJ
18-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi Brett, Welcome aboard. I think there might be a pick of that on the wood tone site in England? there is a link to that site some where in the forum

Gavin1393
18-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi Brett,
Your colour scheme will look sensational with your choice of kit. That Wudtone Azure Sky works beautifully with a Basswood body. In terms of Satin vs Gloss, that really personal choice for you. Think Maton finish vs nitro finish....

keloooe
19-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote from Gavin1393 on May 18, 2013, 04:55
Hi Brett,
Your colour scheme will look sensational with your choice of kit. That Wudtone Azure Sky works beautifully with a Basswood body. In terms of Satin vs Gloss, that really personal choice for you. Think Maton finish vs nitro finish....
yep, Maton finishes are satin, but they look better than nitro, which is awesome!!!

wokkaboy
19-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Quote from bsbozzy on May 17, 2013, 13:17
Hi All,

I thought I would drop in and say hi! Some awesome kits of which I hope to buy a few and of course some awesome looking builds.

I am about to throw down some hard earned for a LP-1M (late birthday present for myself!) which hopefully wont take too long to arrive. I am leaning towards to Azure Sky/Lagoon wudtone kit with silver highlight to go with it, was wondering if anyone has any pics of an Azure Sky finished kit? I cant find one and I have looked on a few sites, any info would be great! I am also tossing up satin vs gloss, any help would be great! That's pretty much the last thing holding me back from making the purchase.

Cheers

Brett

Hi Brett, I built a FV-1 kit in azure lagoon in February, and incidentally it won guitar of the month March 2013. I used extra gloss with ageing, check it out
http://pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=138

best of luck with your build azure lagoon will look fantastic on a LP-1M

cheers Wokka

dingobass
19-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi Brett,
Welcome aboard. I would recommend the Azure Lagoon on the Maple top LP as it is a transparent colour that will highlight the figure in the top.
Azure Sky is a solid colour and will obscure the figure.

Brendan
19-05-2013, 12:09 PM
LP 1 is a nice kit - take your time and you won't be disappointed. Go with DB - you don't want to obscure the flame effect on the top.

keloooe
20-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Quote from dingobass on May 18, 2013, 17:23
Hi Brett,
Welcome aboard. I would recommend the Azure Lagoon on the Maple top LP as it is a transparent colour that will highlight the figure in the top.
The Dark Onyx does obscure the flame on the first coat, as I saw a few days ago

bsbozzy
21-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks for all the tips. Well the orders in, now to wait till July! I went with the LP1M, Azure Lagoon with silver highlights and extra gloss.

Quote from dingobass on May 18, 2013, 17:23
Hi Brett,

Thanks for that, I have bought the Azure Lagoon kit.